pascalvenier
My brain now includes over 800 thoughts and I have started to experience the following:
1) An overdue appointment keeps coming up every time I launch the software. It is however not possible to delete it, as it may well already have been deleted.
2) The thoughts need indexing again every I launch the software.
I can send you my brain if this can be of assistance.

mira4bai4
I have 888 on my World Brain and was getting notices about having to rebuild the indexing in one of the previous versions but on 4.0.4.4 it seems to be dormant for now.

pascalvenier, have you gone to Options - Forgotten Thoughts and Deleted from there?
pascalvenier
Thanks.

I run the latest version and only had 16 forgotten thoughts.
Harlan
To stop being reminded about the past due event, go to the event and check the completed button next to it.

The latest version should no longer prompt you to reindex each time you open your Brain. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this problem. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
pascalvenier
"To stop being reminded about the past due event, go to the event and check the completed button next to it."

It is a bug precisely because this is not possible. This is a past due event and it is not possible to click the button next to it because there is no button next to it.

Harlan

Ahhh. I see. We will take care of this. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
pascalvenier
I think I have managed to reproduce the problem.

To reproduce the problem
Create a thought.
Create a past event for the thought in question.
Forget the thought.

The problem can be solved when the forgotten thought has not yet been deleted. It is just a matter of remembering the thought and then deleting the event.

However if the forgotten thought has been deleted, this is not possible.

The funny thing, of course, about the event which is posing problem for me is that it is "Make dentist appointment".

It shows that PersonalBrain can experience freudian slips!

Harlan
Hi Pascal,

This problem has been fixed for the next release (4.0.5.0), which will be released sometime next week. Thanks for your help.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software