SmartDust
What is the scope of the drag and drop support under Outlook? Does it support attachments in emails? When I try to drag an attachment to a thought to create a child, I get a "not allowed" icon.
If I drag the attachment first to the desktop and then to the thought (2 steps), it works.
I would prefer the direct drag and drop. Was this issue supposed to be covered with this release? If si, it does not work here.

Best Regards

Siegfried
Harlan
Drag of email attachments to PersonalBrain should be working in version 4067. Please confirm that your upgrade was successful by looking in the about screen. If it was and drag of email attachments is still not working, please let us know what OS, Java version, and Outlook version you are using. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
SmartDust

2nd try for the attachments...

Click image for larger version - Name: Outlook_Brain.jpg, Views: 124, Size: 66.56 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Outlook_Brain_2.jpg, Views: 123, Size: 14.11 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: Outlook_Brain_3.jpg, Views: 119, Size: 14.04 KB
Harlan
Siegfried, your screenshots don't seem to have come through for some reason...
Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
There are 3: for PB, Outlook and winXP. I can see them.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Harlan
Everyone,

If you have Outlook, can you please try dragging an attachment to PB 4067 and let us know if this is working for you or not. (This is working for me and in our test lab.) But unfortunately we have to jump through a lot of hoops to make Outlook do what we want, so there must be something going wrong in some cases. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
I'm also not able to drag and drop attachments directly from outlook to the brain. Same behaviour as Siegfried described.

Jim
PB4067
XP
Outlook 2003 SP2

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
bmac
  I just downloaded 4067 and I also cannot drag any attachments from Outlook into the Plex.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
frankbusch
...works for me. Just dragged a pdf into the plex. A thought is created and a copy of the pdf is attached internally. Using 4067, java 1.6 and Outlook 2007.

BR, Frank
bmac
 I tried again to drag an e-mail attachment (an XL spreadsheet) from an open e-mail message into the Plex and was prohibited from doing so.  I am using version 4067.

Regards,
   Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
I have now downloaded 4069 and am still unable to drag-and-drop an attachment from an open e-mail message into the Plex.
Bill
Shiiko
Unfortunately, I can't d&d either.  .doc or .tx  with 4067
Outlook 2003  SP2  Win XP
I'll try updating

Harlan
We'll have to look into this problem of dragging attachments from messages in Outlook 2003... Anyone using Outlook 2007? That's working for me.
Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
D&D was working fine with Outlook 2003 up to about 10 PB versions ago. If i recall the loss of D&D function occured with the same version that enabled the option of linking shortcuts or direct moving of attachments into the brain. Perhaps it's related.

Ah, looking through the completed tasks doc looks like the function loss in my case occured with 4060.

regards

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software