jackvinson
If I want to sit and be entertained, I can watch the PersonalBrain process in the task manager.  It appears to randomly consume CPU time: 0, 3, 4, 1, 3, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 61, 68, 34, 48, 21, 12, 18, 19, 47, 5, 1, ...

This is on a Windows XP box.

Usually it stays low, but why in the world should PB ever need to spike like that? 
Harlan
Hi Jack,

PB does some things in the background on occasion that will cause CPU usage to go up momentarily. Typically this is when it notices that you have changed a document and it needs to be reindexed. However, the vast majority of the time, PB should remain at 1-2% CPU usage. Since 4.0.7.2, there have been several changes that will improve performance in this regard (the latest version is 4.0.8.8).

Regards,
-Harlan
leeirons

Just an idea related to what I just discovered (see the post I made after your post).  Try the following experiment.  Click on Options, then Preferences, and deselect "Show virtual Thoughts for Folders" under the Thoughts list.  See if your Personal Brain stops eating up CPU time.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software