Harlan
This release adds the ability to report on attachment types as well as orphan thoughts. Also, folder attachments are enabled. There are several fixes including a performance boost when sorting by thought types.

Version 4.1.0.6

August 29, 2007

• Reports
    • Orphan Thoughts report added
      • Available under the first filter list
      • This report shows thoughts that are not linked to anything
    • New filter added for filtering by attachments
      • Includes options to show thoughts with

·         All attachments

·         At least one attachment

·         Internal files

·         External files

·         URLs

·         File of a specific type

• Folders can be added as internal attachments (via drag and drop, by working with the thought folder, or by moving and externally linked folder into PB)
  • Fixes:
    • Fixed: When selecting an attached file and pressing Enter, the cursor moves down one row and then launches the file below the one selected
    • Fixed: Icon does not update immediately when thought type is changed via right-click context menu for non-active thought
    • Fixed: Invalid registration file can prevent startup.
    • Plex performance does not slow down as much when ordering by thought types (ordering by name is still faster than by type)
    • Fixed: Occasional problems with ordering by dates
    • Fixed: Move File into Brain command prompts for Pro upgrade if using Core Edition

Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
May I just state again you guys rock.

Thanks.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Elmar
Harlan wrote:

• Reports
    • Orphan Thoughts report added
      • Available under the first filter list
      • This report shows thoughts that are not linked to anything

Hi Harlan,

I am glad to see that I can find my orphans. But when is an orphan an orphan? With the new feature I can find thoughts which are standing alone. As soon as a thought has a child and both are not linked to anything but themselves, I can't find them with the new feature. I am very sure that in my brain are a lot of orphans with more than one thought. Just unlink something may produce such an orphan. I would appreciate if you could implement something to find such bigger orphans.

Nevertheless, PB is a very cool and valuable software!

Best regards, Elmar
grave
Great new report functionality!!!

But maybe additionally report by all video, or all audio will be usefull? Or all video and audio

Harlan
Thanks for the positive feedback. We do appreciate it.

Elmar, detecting isolated groups of thoughts is computationally very expensive since it would require a thorough analysis of all thoughts inside your brain. The best way to find thoughts like that would be to look at thoughts that have not been activated in a long time.

Grave, a multi-media report is an interesting idea. For now, you will just have to select each file type one at a time.

Regards,
-Harlan
Elmar
Harlan wrote:

Elmar, detecting isolated groups of thoughts is computationally very expensive since it would require a thorough analysis of all thoughts inside your brain. The best way to find thoughts like that would be to look at thoughts that have not been activated in a long time.

Hello Harlan,

I understand that this search would be very complex. But how about searching thoughts w/o any parents? This should require much less computational power and show the top of all orphans as well as some other interesting things.

Best regards, Elmar
tcahill
Elmar wrote:
But how about searching thoughts w/o any parents?

Yes, your honor. Report access to parentless thoughts would support my finding top items in the manner to which I had grown accustomed.

(I'm still working through the process of PB 3.x separation -- is this the right support group?)
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Harlan
We've added a parentless thought search to the feature request list.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software