zenrain
In 4.1.2.0 modifying notes in the HTML view has an (extremely) aggressive autocomplete for HTML coding.
What's worse is that saving the changes does not save any HTML changes you may enter.
For example, the original code is:

<p>Florida Quarterly magnetic media changes<br />
<strong>Article ID</strong>: xxxxxx1</p>
<p><strong>Tracker ID</strong> 9999999</p>
<p>&#160;</p>
<p>Massachusetts quarterly report changes:</p>
<p><strong>Article ID</strong>: xxxxxx</p>
<p><strong>Tracker ID</strong>: 999999</p>

I changed the code to:
<h2>Florida Quarterly magnetic media changes</h2>
<p><strong>Article ID</strong>: xxxxxx<br />
<strong>Tracker ID</strong> 999999</p>

<p>&#160;</p>

<h2>Massachusetts quarterly report changes:</h2>
<p><strong>Article ID</strong>: xxxxxx<br />
<strong>Tracker ID</strong>: 999999</p>

Viewing the changes back in the normal view will keep the formatting. However, saving and leaving the thought, then going back reverts to the orignal code. Saving notes in html or normal view doesn't change this behavior.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
On further examination, it looks like this issue may have been caused by the automatic thought saving changes.
Just opening a thought with text in html view automatically sends the cursor to the bottom of the screen. Scrolling back up to the top of the screen and waiting 3-5 seconds, the cursor will re-set back to the bottom of the screen. Putting the cursor back to the top, typing several things and then waiting will also send the cursor back to the bottom of the screen. The combination of both of these issues makes editing in the html view impossible, and well, it doesn't save even if you could...

Edit: Additionally, when keeping the Notes setting to HTML notes and returning focus to the plex it will automatically put the cursor back in the html notes screen after waiting a few seconds.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
4.1.2.1 (or 4.1.2.2) resolved the overly aggressive auto-complete in the HTML notes view. However, changes made in the HTML notes are still not saved, and the note reverts to it's previous state after browsing to another thought. Even after saving manually.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Not sure why this isn't working when a different thought is activated. Save does seem to work when hitting "Ctrl+S" however. We'll check into this.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
I did test with saving, and as soon as I went to a different thought (even mouseover) and then came back it lost the editing.
For example, when I open a thought note in the HTML viewer and change <b>Bold text</b> to <strong>Bold text</strong>, save and then navigate to another thought and then back, it loses the <strong> and reverts to <b>.

The reason I'm in the HTML view so much is I use specific formatting for <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <strong>, <bold> and <code> in my note css file which allows much more options than the notes tool itself provides.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
4.1.2.3 Update: If you make changes in the HTML editor, changes are only saved if you save in the .html view or go to another thought and then back while still in the html view. Making a change, switching to normal view and then saving and switching thoughts will not save your html view changes.
(I'm just happy my changes are saved now  )
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Thanks for catching this Zenrain. Fixed for the 4.1.2.4 release.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software