MikeA

I did an uninstall of version 4.1.2.0 previously, and an uninstall of 4.1.2.1 now. In both cases the uninstall did not remove the "PersonBrain" subdirectory structure. It looks like two 0 byte files (BrokenFiles.dat and pb.bin) are preventing removal of these directories.

-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Harlan
Hi Mike, the reason is that automated install only removes information created during the install, not information generated by the program itself.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Hi Mike, the reason is that automated install only removes information created during the install, not information generated by the program itself.
Regards,
-Harlan
MikeA
Hi Harlan,

Wow that is a surprise. Maybe you guys should think about replacing your install program.   All of the popular install programs I know of let you delete from a list of file names or delete *.* in a directory.
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Harlan
I took a closer look at the options for the uninstaller and adjusted the default configuration. The next release will now completely remove the program folder on uninstall.
Regards,
-Harlan
Darkstar
When I create my own brain themes, those get stored under a sub-directory of "Themes". If you kill off everything under PB, that will kill off my Themes, won't it?

With the rather frequent releases of the new beta builds, that could become very tedious loading my different brains and saving their themes back out for future use.
-Darkstar
Harlan
Yes, but there is no need to uninstall PB when upgrading to newer versions.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software