Harlan
This release includes many fixes and improvements for PersonalBrain under Mac OS X. There are also other fixes that apply to all platforms, including more automated updating of attachments added by external software.

Recommended for all users of version 4.1. All of these fixes and improvement will also be integrated into the next release of the 4.2 beta, which will also be available soon.

Version 4.1.3.0

January 21, 2008

• Mac OS Changes and Fixes
    • Template files for applications that use packages (folders) instead of files, such as the iWork applications (Numbers, Pages, and Keynote), are now supported
    • QuickLook thumbnails are supported for iWork applications
    • Fixed: After launching an application from PersonalBrain, PersonalBrain continues to animate the display, using up CPU resources
    • Resolved: In the create Thought dialog box, the Cancel button cannot be clicked on the lower right side – update to Java 1.5 to fix this
  • Attachment Updates
    • Attachments are updated automatically every time PersonalBrain is activated
      • Newly added attachments appear
      • Modified attachments are re-indexed
    • Image thumbnails are automatically updated if the source image is updated
  • Fixes
    • Fixed: Drag and drop of folders when virtual Thoughts is disabled should create a new Thought
    • Fixed: Exceptions can cause the failure of the properties window to update
    • About dialog font made smaller
    • Fixed: The source thought appears on the create thought dialog as an option to link to
    • Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts for forget and open (Delete and Shift+Enter, respectively) Thought do not act on the Thought highlighted by the mouse and instead act on the active Thought
Regards,
-Harlan
agnor

Quote:

Attachment Updates
          o Attachments are updated automatically every time PersonalBrain is activated
                + Newly added attachments appear
                + Modified attachments are re-indexed

By "PersonalBrain is activated", you mean opening/running PB, correct?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

doctRLinsky
I am using the Pro Trial edition before I buy the Brain for use at my office.  I was using version 4.1.2.8 for a few days and then got the upgrade notice for this version this morning.  I didn't have much info in my brain file, so I didn't back it up before upgrading.  After the upgrade, all I had was my home thought.  I figured it was just part of the upgrade, so I started filling in some new thoughts; but when I tried to create virtual thoughts by dragging some folders onto the plex, they would not appear (virtual thoughts are turned on in the options).  I tried it several times with several files, none worked.  When I tried the same folder twice, I would get a warning saying that the folder was already in the database even though I could not see it.  So I uninstalled this version and reinstalled 4.1.2.8.  I opened the same brain file with that version, and all of the virtual thoughts suddenly appeared.  I'll be sticking with that version for the duration of my trial period unless someone can tell me what I was doing wrong.
Windows XP Pro SP2, Sun JRE 1.6.0, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM.
Harlan
doctRLinsky wrote:
...I'll be sticking with that version for the duration of my trial period unless someone can tell me what I was doing wrong...

There was a configuration problem with version 4.1.3.0 that cause errors under Windows and Linux. This has been fixed in version 4.1.3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
agnor wrote:

By "PersonalBrain is activated", you mean opening/running PB, correct?

This refers to returning to the PB window from another program via a click, alt-tab, or otherwise. You do not have to re-run PB for attachments to be updated - just go back to it after you have added an attachment from any other program and the attachment will appear immediately.
Regards,
-Harlan
agnor
Quote:
This refers to returning to the PB window from another program via a click, alt-tab, or otherwise. You do not have to re-run PB for attachments to be updated - just go back to it after you have added an attachment from any other program and the attachment will appear immediately.

Is this for any thought in the brain, only the active thought, etc?

Thanks for the clarification and the addition of this feature.
Harlan
The active thought.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software