Harlan
This release fixes several bugs in the display of attachments in the list as well as attachment icons. It also incorporates the new Mac OS specific features from version 4.1.3.0.

If you are running the beta release (4.2), this is an important update that should not be skipped.

Version 4.2.0.6

January 21, 2008

• Mac OS Changes and Fixes
    • Template files for applications that use packages (folders) instead of files, such as the iWork applications (Numbers, Pages, and Keynote), are now supported
    • QuickLook thumbnails are supported for iWork applications
    • Fixed: After launching an application from PersonalBrain, PersonalBrain continues to animate the display, using up CPU resources
    • Resolved: In the create Thought dialog box, the Cancel button cannot be clicked on the lower right side – update to Java 1.5 to fix this
  • Attachment Updates
    • Attachments are updated automatically every time PersonalBrain is activated
      • Newly added attachments appear
      • Modified attachments are re-indexed
    • Image thumbnails are automatically updated if the source image is updated
  • Fixes
    • Fixed: Drag and drop of folders when virtual Thoughts is disabled should create a new Thought
    • Fixed: Exceptions can cause the failure of the properties window to update
    •  About dialog font made smaller
    • Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts for forget and open (Delete and Shift+Enter, respectively) Thought do not act on the Thought highlighted by the mouse and instead act on the active Thought
    • Fixed: The “Existing Thoughts” label on the create Thought dialog boxes is incorrect
    • Fixed: Icons for attachments sometimes do not appear under Mac OS and Linux
    • Fixed: Sometimes the properties tab does not update due to problems finding the most recent date

Regards,
-Harlan
FranzOrth

Hi Harlan,

While creating a new Child Thought the Parent Thought itself is not in the "Existing Thoughts" box and therefore cannot be choosen.

You have regarded that as a bug-fix and wrote "The source thought appears on the create thought dialog as an option to link to".

But this feature is not a bug at all - it is essential for the "comma trick" which is one of the best features in TheBrain. Bring it back asap please !!!

This is true for both updates, 4.2.0.6 and 4.1.3.0

And what about the German umlauts ä ö ü etc. ?

Harlan
We are aware of the problems with accented character in Notes. Regarding the create thought dialog box, please see the discussion here: http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2432780
Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe
Properties and Attachments box does not update when changing thoughts in 4206.

Will exit and restart the app and see if that fixes it.

Harlan
Nick, please download 4.2.0.7 to fix this problem.
Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
Harlan...

I still don't understand what the issue is with importing brains on the mac platform. All these updates are terrific... and I appreciate the hard work. But I cannot successfully import my existing brain into 4.2.x.

Are we going to work on this and figure out what the problem is? My last posts have not gotten a single response.

Karekin

Harlan
hi karekin, sorry, I must have missed them. What is happening on your attempt to upgrade your brain to 4.2? BTW, I met a friend of yours at MacWorld.
Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
Hi Harlan:

4.2.x still fails to import my brain. You can view the issue in the forum post related to the 4.2.0.3 release. It remains identical in all subsequent releases. Failure to import all but 546 of over 11,000 thoughts, failure of notes to import, attachments, etc.

I try with every subsequent release to import but to no avail. I have tried rebuilding the brain, reindexing, exporting to brainzip and reimporting. Nothing works.

See the thread "4.2.0.3 - End of early beta phase" to see the latest screenshots.

Karekin
agnor
Any guesses as to when 4.2 will go from beta to live?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software