Harlan
The moment we've all been dreaming about (well some of us at least) is getting close. This release fixes all known major issues in PersonalBrain 4.5.

Highlights include some big fixes for Mac OS, better Outlook integration for Windows, and several bug fixes for copy and paste.

Version 4.5.0.4 – Release Candidate 1 *

June 26, 2008

·         Outlook Integration

o    Drag and drop from Outlook of multiple items (message, contacts, attachments, and etcetera) is supported for multiple items at a time.

§  This feature makes it easy to do things such as adding all your Contacts into your Brain: Just create a Thought called “Contacts” and activate it, open Outlook, select all your contacts, and finally drag and drop to an empty area of the plex.

o    Contacts, emails, and notes dragged from Outlook into the plex automatically create a Thought and populate its notes with relevant content.

·         Changes

o    Dialog box icons added

·         Mac OS

o    Fixed: Notes menu text is larger than normal

o    Fixed: Sometimes the first Brain loaded on startup does not display properly unless the window is resized.

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Paste of Thoughts does not work if PersonalBrain cannot connect to the Internet

o    Fixed: Collapse/expand all commands don’t appear in the menu

o    Fixed: Paste of Thoughts sometimes fails due to an exception related to link type information

o    Fixed: Sometimes icons attached to thoughts disappear and do not appear until the brain is re-opened

o    When opening a Brain fails, better error information is displayed

o    Fixed: Move file into brain adds an extra external link to the internal file under Mac OS and Linux

o    Fixed: When Brains created by version 4.5 are opened with version 4.1, they give an error message instead of recommending the appropriate upgrade.

o    Fixed: If pasted Thoughts do not have activation times in them, no thought is activated nor linked to the active thought, so there is no way to see what was pasted without using instant search.

Regards,
-Harlan
twospoons
Copy/Paste seems to be working now!!!

Mucho Gracias!
Wes
Ray
I just downloaded the new version 4.5.0.4 and when I drag a file from a directory in XP I can see the cursor changing in the usual way when I press the Ctrl key but the file does not get attached into Brain. This worked fine with previous versions.

Ray

Ray
Langley, BC
twospoons

Ray wrote:
I just downloaded the new version 4.5.0.4 and when I drag a file from a directory in XP I can see the cursor changing in the usual way when I press the Ctrl key but the file does not get attached into Brain. This worked fine with previous versions.

Ray

Confirmed I'm having the same issue.  Tried dragging file(s) to the Properties and Attachments window as well as dragging directly into the Plex.  The file did not add an attachment nor create a new thought with the attachment.

I've tried dragging attachments from Outlook to the Plex as well.  No thought created, no attachment added.

When trying to drag an email from Outlook to the plex I'm getting this message from Outlook:

Whether I click yes or no I still get an error that the operation failed.  Again, no thought created nor attachment added.
Wes
NickHowe
I'm getting the same problem as twospoons.  Also can't drag and drop a JPEG attachment from an outlook message into PB.
grave
And drag url from Firefox to PB is not work
zenrain
Oh good, I was coming here to find out if it was just me...

Confirmed that it seems to be with all attachments. Won't create new thoughts if dragged into plex, or attach in the P&A tool window. Paste does work in the tool window though.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
BHurd
And the Outlook "drag all your contacts into empty area of the plex" doesn't work either.  Yep, the drag and drop thing doesn't seem to be working at all.

back to previous version till you get things fixed up.

igoldsmid
what about the repeated failures bug when attempting Windows Folder Import?
IJG
igoldsmid
yes - how loopy - adding any attachment in completely broken in 4.5.0.4. Not exactly RC1...

Presume a 4.5.0.5 will be released instantly

IJG
Harlan
It seems something went wrong during the packaging process in 4.5.0.4. We just tested all of the problems described here and everything should be working fine. We've rolled back to 4.5.0.3 until we find out what is going wrong. Thanks all and sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software