Harlan
This release fixes some major problems in RC1 that were introduced by a problem in the packaging process.

Version 4.5.0.4 – Release Candidate 2 *

June 26, 2008

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: All drag and drop operations fail due to a packaging problem in the installer

o    Fixed: Calendar does not display event times

o    Fixed: Merge Brain command asks to confirm twice

Version 4.5.0.4 – Release Candidate 1 *

June 26, 2008

·         Outlook Integration

o    Drag and drop from Outlook of multiple items (message, contacts, attachments, and etcetera) is supported for multiple items at a time.

§  This feature makes it easy to do things such as adding all your Contacts into your Brain: Just create a Thought called “Contacts” and activate it, open Outlook, select all your contacts, and finally drag and drop to an empty area of the plex.

o    Contacts, emails, and notes dragged from Outlook into the plex automatically create a Thought and populate its notes with relevant content.

·         Changes

o    Dialog box icons added

·         Mac OS

o    Fixed: Notes menu text is larger than normal

o    Fixed: Sometimes the first Brain loaded on startup does not display properly unless the window is resized.

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Paste of Thoughts does not work if PersonalBrain cannot connect to the Internet

o    Fixed: Collapse/expand all commands don’t appear in the menu

o    Fixed: Paste of Thoughts sometimes fails due to an exception related to link type information

o    Fixed: Sometimes icons attached to thoughts disappear and do not appear until the brain is re-opened

o    When opening a Brain fails, better error information is displayed

o    Fixed: Move file into brain adds an extra external link to the internal file under Mac OS and Linux

o    Fixed: When Brains created by version 4.5 are opened with version 4.1, they give an error message instead of recommending the appropriate upgrade.

o    Fixed: If pasted Thoughts do not have activation times in them, no thought is activated nor linked to the active thought, so there is no way to see what was pasted without using instant search.

Regards,
-Harlan
igoldsmid
thanks for the speed of the fix.

Having multiple drag/drop from Outlook is a huge benefit - & bringing in their content as Thought Notes - wonderful - - thanks

IJG
Shiiko
Hi Harlan,

Noticed that the calendar now highlights the thought and adds the scheduled time.   Looks good!   Thanks. 

Regards,

agnor
I really appreciate the recent changes to display in Distant Thought Mode.  Makes it much more usable.  Thank you.
jostber
I like the new Distant mode too. I would have been cool if the green marker could move to the sub thoughts too, and not just the main thoughts when in Distant Thoughts mode.

It would also be great to have keyboard shortcuts for changing between the Normal-Distant-Expanded modes.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Harlan
Good to hear the feedback on distant thoughts mode. FYI, the green gates were present in the old version of distant thoughts. Their removal is I think one of the main reasons why it is now easier for the eye to digest. Let me know if you disagree...
Regards,
-Harlan
jostber
I  was meaning the green circle indicator, so that it can be possible to move to the sub thoughts with the arrow keys without opening a main thought first.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software