Harlan
This version fixes many small issues and adds a few small features: better undo of complex actions, saving of the auto-hide tab location, and clearer menu commands.

Thanks to everyone here on the message board for helping to make this release very solid - you've brought many things to light over this beta process and we've been able to make a lot of improvements because of your feedback.

Version 4.5.0.7 – Release Candidate

July 15, 2008

·         Undo and Redo

o    Actions that incorporate multiple actions show as a single step instead of multiple entries. Affected actions include pasting of thoughts and operations applied to the selection.

·         Preferences

o    The location of the auto-hide tab is saved

·         Changes

o    Copy menu command names clarified

o    Added menu entry descriptions

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Exceptions sometimes occur when drawing notes icons

o    Fixed: When cancelling a paste operation, not all actions related to the paste are cancelled

o    Fixed: Images in notes do not always download locally

o    Pasting of large numbers of Thoughts (1000+) and merging large brains is more robust

o    Fixed: If the Brain automatically opened at startup cannot be opened since it is already open by another instance of PersonalBrain, the Brain buttons do not initialize properly

o    Fixed: Instant activate does not find thoughts starting with punctuation marks such as “@”.

o    Fixed: Instant activate does not accurately order items by date activated

o    Changed the way the create dialog box is initialized to avoid problems with it not displaying properly occasionally

o    Fixed: Thought type icons do not appear if a Brain has been moved or extracted from a BrainZip until the type is edited

o    Fixed: Notes icons sometimes do not appear until mouseover

o    Links are rendered with better anti-aliasing

o    Fixed: During dragging of a Thought to rearrange its position, the link is not updated properly as the Thought moves from one relationship type to another

o    Fixed: Under Mac OS, pasting of outlines created in spreadsheets does not create Thoughts properly

o    Fixed: When rebuilding the search index, preference related to indexing attachments are ignored

Regards,
-Harlan
mosaic
Just noticed the high memory and cpu usage of the new release.
Brain Matters!
-------------------------
Profile 1 - PB:4.5.0.8
Java: 1.6.0_07
Profile 2 - PB:4.5.0.6
Java: 1.6.0_06
Harlan
mosaic wrote:
Just noticed the high memory and cpu usage of the new release.

We haven't been able to replicate any problems with higher memory or CPU usage with this release. Please contact support@thebrain.com with further details of what you are experiencing.
Regards,
-Harlan
hofjen
Hi,

I'm missing the distant view since the update ...

Jens

Harlan
Jens, click the "Expand All" button on the toolbar to go to the distant thought view.
Regards,
-Harlan
fjgrijalva
Hi Harlan,

Thank you for fixing the icon problem and others so quickly. I wish all companies I deal with were as responsive and humane as yours. It's really a treat to work with you and your team. I also noticed an increase in speed in this latest beta.

Regards,

Fernando

Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
mook
I'm a fairly new user and I'm suprised and disappointed to see that despite 8 months and several releases, the copy/paste notes issues raised in the following post still appear to be present:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2326183&highlight=paste&trail=15

I am a developer and would love to be able to paste code snippets into the notes. But if I copy a piece of code into notes from Notepad I lose the formatting. Even when the formatting appears to be preserved, I lose the linefeeds when I paste the code into a text editor.

Am I missing something?

Vince
Harlan
Hi Vince,

Unfortunately, the notes editor that is integrated into PersonalBrain is a 3rd party component so we have no direct ability to fix problems with it nor implement additional functionality. There actually have been several updates to the notes editor, but there remain several issues outstanding.

Regards,
-Harlan
mook
Hi Harlan,

Thanks for the response and I can appreciate that this isn't under your control.

I can always work round the issue by pasting into MS Word first and then copying from there.

It's just a pity that despite the editor having the ability to markup the text in various ways, the basics don't work.

Cheers,
Vince

bhyl
PB is hanging for me in this release any time I try to drag a message from outlook and drop it in to the plex.

-Bill
rflazaro
See http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/show_single_post?pid=27384261&postcount=9 from this thread http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2838944

agnor
Thanks to everyone for all the work in producing this update and others.  It's also great to see one of the things I campaigned for (multiple search results for one thought) in the release notes.

I followed PB in the 2.0-3.0 days and lost touch with it for a while.  Was overjoyed to see the 4.0 version coming out.  I'm extremely pleased with both PB and it's progress.  My money still feels well-spent on the program, thanks to the continued work and responsiveness of the team.  Keep it up, and don't let the complaints on the forums get you down

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software