Harlan
This is the official release that incorporates the changes from 4.5.1.0 and beyond. To recap, this version provides real-time data redundancy for better reliability. There are also various fixes that eliminate some occasional error messages.

Version 4.5.1.2

September 9, 2008

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Conversion of Brains from version 4.1 causes error when using the new database format.

Version 4.5.1.1

September 8, 2008

·         BrainZip

o    Creation is faster and more accurate feedback on progress is given.

o    Database information is 5-10% more compact.

o    Fixed: occasionally an error prevents the completion of the BrainZip process.

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Sometimes deleting and/or replacing a note fails, sometimes deleting a Thought fails.

o    Fixed: Multiple instances of the same Brain sometimes appear on the list of recent Brains.

o    Clarified differences between PersonalBrain editions.

Version 4.5.1.0

September 6, 2008

·         System Reliability and Speed

o    A new “Continuous Database Backup” service is now employed.

o    Backup of your data is automatic and ongoing. This eliminates the need to wait for a backup to complete at either shutdown or start up.

o    In case of accidental corruption of the database, recovery from the continuous is automatic and restores all changes made up to the last second.

·         Fixes

o    Improved error logging.

o    Better handling of problems with Windows icon registry.

o    Improved BrainZip error handling.

o    Problems running under Java 1.4.2, such as under Mac OS X 10.3, have been fixed.

Regards,
-Harlan
agnor
Hi Harlan,

11:30 PM EST on 9/9 at the moment. I have PB 4.5.0.9, and PB is telling me that there are no updates to be found and I'm running the latest release version.

I see 4.5.1.2 listed in the "downloads" section of the site, so I'm thinking that something went wonky and is preventing PB from seeing the update.
Harlan
Thanks for the note. For internal logistical reasons, we've intentionally not set the update service to notify everyone yet. It will be changed in a day or two.
Regards,
-Harlan
PaulYoung
issues with 4.5.1.3

I am using Leopard (fully patched) java 1.5.0_13

When restoring my brainzip it hangs at the restoring Brain Database dialog
on restoring table ENTRIES
Please advise

Paul Young

fjgrijalva
Hi Harlan,

Missing pictures problem solved with 4.5.1.2!

Thanks!

Fernando
Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
Harlan
That's good news Fernando, thanks for the update.

Paul, I just tested the BrainZip functionality on the same configuration you are running and did not have a problem. Is it stopping mid-way through the process, or right at the start?

Please post a copy of the output.log file immediately after you experience the problem. In Finder, control-click on the PB application icon and select "Show Package Contents" then open Contents > Resources > App and you will see the output.log file there. This will allow us to see what is going wrong.

Regards,
-Harlan
PaulYoung
Its right at the start
have sent you the log

Paul

vicanto
link for personalbrain portable with library (zip version) is not updated. There is 4.5.1.1 version
Harlan
PaulYoung wrote:
Its right at the start
have sent you the log

Paul, the output.log file posted was from June 21 and version 4.5.0.2... It looks like you may have opened the wrong application package. Please check again that you have opened the correct file and post again.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
vicanto wrote:
link for personalbrain portable with library (zip version) is not updated. There is 4.5.1.1 version

Thanks for the note. This has been fixed.
Regards,
-Harlan
gcarson
Hello. I'm running Pro 4.5.0.9. Got an update notice this morning saying that a version 4.5.1.2 update was available, but when I went to the update page, the latest version was apparently 4.5.1.3. I'm assuming this is the latest, but thought I'd better check after the confusion in the messages. Thanks.
Gary Carson
PB Pro 5.5.2.1
WinXP SP3
http://www.ancientworldreview.com
Harlan
Over the last couple days, we've found a few minor problems and have been doing some rapid fixes. The latest version is now 4.5.1.4, which includes fixes for: copy and paste of Thoughts, trial timer premature expiration, foreign characters in notes backups, and Java 1.4 compatibility.

I think that should be it for a while. Apologies for the rapid succession of updates and thanks all for your patience and support.

P.S. The beta of version 5 is almost ready and has many exciting features in it including some that have been requested here on the message board as well as a few surprises...
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Ha, I'm betting they totally included my french toast timer recommendation.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
fjgrijalva
Hello Harlan,

FYI, I still experienced this problem with 4.5.1.4

(When going through  the indexing process PB will suddenly close without warning.)

http://websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/thebrain/show_single_post?pid=27594131&postcount=8

Regards,

Fernando

Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
Harlan
Crashes during the indexing are due to the indexer having trouble reading the file. When you restart the indexing process, PB should ignore that file on the next pass through. We are working on a fix for this problem, but it will not be out until later in the PB 5 beta process.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software