ThorstenZ
Hi there,

just a problem with the indexing. The indexing stops at thought 99 and doesn't continue. The CPU load remains by nearly 100% für the personalbrain process. After 1,5 hours there has been no progress and the info shows the same information.

Thorsten
Harlan

Thorsten, one of our engineers is looking into this now and may contact you for further details.

Regards,
-Harlan
ThorstenZ
hi there,

do you already have any ideas to fix this problem (found the problem in the source code)? There are many informations stored in my notes which i found through the search. So at the moment the PB4 version is not completly useful for me. Currently I'am waiting that the problem will be fixed before bying the PB4 Pro (Beta User) Version.
Kind regards,
Thorsten
Daniel

Hi Thorsten,

The Indexing Process creates two log files in your Brain Folder: IndexBuilder.log and UrlIndexBuilder.log.

Can you Rebuild the Search Index and post these two files including the output.log file located in the PersonalBrain Folder?

These files will help us to exactly identify your problem and make a solution for it.

Regards,

Daniel.

ThorstenZ
Hi Daniel,

here are the files.
Maybe there are some other problems (I've looked in the output.log file, there are some filters/converters missed and some problems with mozilla directories - havn't installed mozilla on my computer!?).
Hope this helps.
Regards, Thorsten
ThorstenZ
Hi there,
just an update of the files - used 4.0.5.0 to completly reimport my PB3 Brain.
Again - indexing stops at thought 99 (or behind?).

Another "bug" - the info button on the right side disappears by building the url index.

Regards,
Thorsten
Daniel

Thank you Thorsten,

We are reviewing this case.

Regards,

Daniel.

ThorstenZ
Hi Daniel,

thanks in advance. i hope you'll find the reason why the indexing doesn't continue.
regards,
Thorsten
BillH
Hi,

I just downloaded and installed PB4 and I'm having the same indexing problem. My system hangs at 188 of 1274, drives CPU usage up to 100% and doesn't progress.  All other features seem to be working even while the indexing appears to be hung. 

I've attached my indexing logs which appears to indicate a number of problems.

Bill

Harlan
The next version of PB will include more detailed logging of the indexing process so that we can track down these issues. Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
-Harlan
ThorstenZ
Aahhh!

Good to know I'am not the only one.....
Currently this problem forces me to continue working with PB3...
:-(

Kind regards,
Thorsten
BillH
Nope, you're not the only one.  However you may want to go ahead and convert to PB4. While the indexing problem is annoying, since the system asks you if you want to complete the indexing each time you start up PB4, everything else seems to work pretty well. 

I've actually converted since many of the other features in PB4 are of real value to me. Hopefully this will not come back to bite me.

Take care...Bill

Spacenexus
Hi

I agree with Bill; my indexing stalls but have been using PB4 full time for several months now and am thrilled with it. Apart from minor issues the data is secure and the system robust, to say nothing of the many cool features added in.

The only thing i noticed whilst reverting to PB3 for a quick 'search by file type' last week is that the PB3 brain movement appears smoother that PB4, but that could be due to the fact that i don't have hot graphics card or dual co processors yet since PB4 also has richer display capabilites.

cheers

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
BillH
Yep,

The PB3 movement is much, much smoother than PB4 which is part of the coolness of the product.  I guess I should be more into the substance, but the way PB3 switches catches people's eyes all the time.  I suspect future iterations of PB4 will smooth it out. 

In any case its good enough for me to have purchased my upgrade yesterday.

I'm looking forward to further refinements.

Bill

ThorstenZ
Hi,

but the indexing feature is very important for me, because I have entered many informations into the note-fields. So I need the Index & Search function to get the information I need from my PB-brain.
If this does not work the PB4 isn't as useful as the PB3 for me.
PB4 is great and have much more functionality and looks much smarter (very impressive), but I have to work with it and it is a tool that should support me doing my work.

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software