NickHowe
I dragged an Excel file from an outlook message into a thought attachment window.  PB4 went up to 70% CPU and stayed there, unresponsive to any input.  I terminated the process.  When I relaunched PB4 the thought had an attachment, but it resists all attempts to delete the attachment.  See screen grab below.  If I try to delete the attachment this is what PB4 asks, but saying yes doesn't do anything.

I've dragged other outlook attachments OK.  This seems to have been a one off.  The only difference was that the excel file was in the body of the message rather than being on the 'attachments' line of the message.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version - Name: b.jpg, Views: 138, Size: 83.54 KB
Harlan
Nick,

Can you post a screenshot of what exactly you dragged into PB to make this happen? We'll try to replicate it and fix it. Thanks.

If PB gets confused about an attachment location, it may have trouble deleting it... To get around this, create a new thought and move your other attachments and notes to that thoughts, then delete the thought with the problem attachment.

Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe
Here you go...
Click image for larger version - Name: b.jpg, Views: 97, Size: 15.03 KB
Harlan
Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
ysabinin
I have a similar issue (consistently) trying to drag attachments from an Outlook message (PowerPoint file, for example) into my Brain. CPU goes up to 80-90% and stays there. I did close the Brain through Task Manager every time it happened. On restart of the Brain, I did not have an attachment as descibed above, though (I guess I killed the app too quickly).
Just want to mention that it is not just the Excel spreadsheets that cause the issue, seems to be more general with attachments being dragged from an Outlook message. My Outlook version is Outlook 2003 SP2.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software