Kriggel23
In normal search and advanced search as well the thought name is not included into the search. To me this is no feature ...

When typing into the search field the matching thoughts are displayed with a delay of one or more seconds or not at all. This slows me down and results in duplicate entries.

It's still not possible to search for link types.

The first two items relate to the trustworthiness of my PB because it's a big difference between "it's not there" and "it may be there but I can't find it".

Kind regards,
Kriggel23

Harlan
"In normal search and advanced search as well the thought name is not included into the search." This isn't supposed to be a feature. You've discovered a bug. Obviously, fixing this will be a high priority.

Are you talking about instant activate here: "When typing into the search field the matching thoughts are displayed with a delay of one or more seconds or not at all."? If no matches display, this means there are no matches.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
It sounds like your search index for thought names got deleted somehow. We're investigating how this might have happened now. In the meantime, do a rebuild of the index and all results will be displayed again normally (File > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index).
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Quote:
When typing into the search field the matching thoughts are displayed with a delay of one or more seconds or not at all.

This refers indeed to the instant active - the list of matching thougts on top of the search field. I do not see yet a correlation with something special - sometimes I get some hits, sometimes I have to wait and sometimes there is no list at all (where I know for sure that there should have been one).

I'll try rebuilding the index and keep you informed.

Kriggel23

Harlan
If you type only one letter, the list will take longer to generate since there will be more matches. If you ever see a case where you type something and there are no matches displayed even though matches exist, please post a screenshot as well as the output.log file as that should not happen.
Regards,
-Harlan
ThorstenZ
Hello Harlan,

I just got the same problem. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate these behaviour. If I enter the "@" the result search list only displays one thought found instead of the displayed five existing elements.
When you enter part of the thought name the result list displays the thought which was not found through the search with the "@". Rebuilding the search index results in crash down PB (Request just in progress at the PB support team - currently not closed!).
At the moment I can not trust in the results of the thought search (are they complete?) and one of the major advantages of PB is to store knowledge and retrieve this through the search (possibly after years).

Hope this helps to find the bug in the search algorithms.
If you need more informations please contact me (eg. brainzip database to analyze the existing index database).

Kind regards,
Thorsten
Click image for larger version - Name: 2008-07-06-Brain-Index-Bug.jpg, Views: 106, Size: 511.04 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 2008-07-06-Brain-Index-Bug-2.jpg, Views: 106, Size: 513.81 KB
Kriggel23
I've rebuild the search index but there's no change to the behavior of PB described before. Is PB using internally wildcards in this context?

Kriggel23

ThorstenZ
Hi there,

are there some new informations about my described behaviour?
It seems to me that the failure of the search function only occurs by some of us.

kind regards,
thorsten.

Harlan
There are two different problems being described here.

1. The first is search results - not instant activate results - those shown in the search tab not showing thought names. If this happens, rebuilding the search index should resolve it. We are looking into why this might happen at all in the first place.

2. The second problem is related to instant activate results. This problem is due to the use of a special character as the search criteria (the "@" sign). This is a very different problem and is not related to the search index. This is also currently under investigation.

Thanks for your posts.

Regards,
-Harlan
ThorstenZ
Thanks for the fast feedback.
Thorsten

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software