giessler
I just bought a licence for the pro version. Unfortunately indexing excludes any attachments though indexing them is set in the prefs. Rebuilding the searchindex does only include the thoughts and URLs.

Latest beta, latest OS X.

Any ideas?
Oliver

Harlan

Sorry, but indexing of attachments in OS X and Linux is limited to text formats at this time.
Regards,
-Harlan
giessler
You must be keeding me! Has anyone ever though about a clarification in your markting stuff in this respect. Nice after sale information :-(

So, what does "at this time" actualy mean?

Harlan
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The chart that explains the difference between versions does describe that this is Windows only. However, if you decide to change your mind about the purchase we understand, please contact support@thebrain.com and they process a refund for you.

We'll review this and make sure it is clearer for the future.

Indexing of file attachments under Mac OS is something that we would like to provide, but cannot at this time. (I can't promise we will ever do this nor provide a date unfortunately since we can't comment on any functionality that is not either complete or near complete.)
Regards,
-Harlan
giessler
Harlan, thank you for the offer which I will consider. Besides, though its some time till my last own programming, but not using Spotlight under OS X for an applikation for indexing and finding files is well ... all you need is already build into OS X. IMO you just have to give Spotlight the path to the PB files to restrict the results.

Well, maybe I have to use DevonThink for some jobs longer then expected.

zenrain
Yup, I currently use Together, until DT 2.0 comes out at some point...
At that time I'm planning on doing an amalgamation of DT and PersonalBrain. I doubt PB will ever approach the search capabilities that DevonThink has.

Edit: As clarification I store files in Together and create hyperlinks to the files which I add to PersonalBrain. I find PersonlBrain is much more suited to visual display, where Together/DevonThink is far more suited to indexing and working on documents or files.
This is for my Mac only, for my PC PersonalBrain is my one-stop shop.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software