Harlan
This release fixes many problems most notably search issues under Mac OS and Windows and visual updating of tags. One minor feature has been tweaked: Thought icons can now be pasted directly from graphic files (this is infinitely more convenient). Enjoy!

Version 5.0.1.0

December 9, 2008

·         Indexing Fixes

o    The document conversion process for indexing under Windows, kvoop.exe, has been limited to spawn a maximum of 4 instances. All instances are removed once PersonalBrain exits.

o    Fixed: Under Mac OS, Spotlight integration sometimes failed to find results due to queries being too narrow and problems with character encoding.

·         Tags Fixes

o    Fixed: The display does not update when tags are added, removed or modified.

o    Fixed: Sorting of tags is not correct when using mixed case.

o    Fixed: Copy and paste of Thoughts ignores tag information if inside the same Brain.

·         Stability and Memory Fixes

o    Fixed: Does not start up when running under certain locales.

o    Updated notes editor to fix OutOfMemoryError exceptions

o    Disabled ESP keyboard monitoring on Windows Vista due to OS conflicts.

·         Thought Icons

o    Graphic files in PNG, JPG, and GIF formats can be copied from the file browser/desktop and pasted as Thought icons without the need to open them in an image editor first.

o    This method of pasting a Thought icon has the advantage of retaining transparency information.

·         General Fixes

o    Fixed: Under Mac OS, renaming an internal file creates an extra links to the file with an absolute path.

o    Fixed: There is a white border around the edge of the presentation mode screen.

o    Fixed: Adding a single attachment to a Thought can sometimes lead to a shared set of attachments between two thoughts.

o    The toolbar makes more efficient use of space, especially when Brain buttons are present.

o    Fixed: Popup tabs display underneath the search text box.

o    Improved caching of images to increase visual stability.

o    Fixed: wait cursors do not show properly.

o    Links to Microsoft OneNote show an appropriate icon.

o    Fixed: When removing a link to a very long URL, the message box is too wide to fit on the screen.

o    Fixed: The default font size in notes does not get properly selected in the size drop down box.

o    Under Mac OS, the default font is now set to Helvetica.

o    Fixed: Sometimes the mouse wheel does not work to set the text size when in outline view.

Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Quote:

·         Thought Icons

o    Graphic files in PNG, JPG, and GIF formats can be copied from the file browser/desktop and pasted as Thought icons without the need to open them in an image editor first.

Fantastic!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
PaddyVA
o Links to Microsoft OneNote show an appropriate icon.

Thanks for any OneNote interlinkage enhancements. I was able to show OneNote icon in a thought previously by selecting from the Type drop down for the thought.
NorthFarm
Quote:

o    Fixed: wait cursors do not show properly.

I still don't see it.
Report running for 25 seconds and show thoughts with tag running for 10 seconds, but no wait cursor.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
dcb_oz
What are the numbers after displayed tags. I'm seeing @calltrue-133695-49 for a tag of @call
NorthFarm
@dcb_oz

It looks like a bug. It's reported in the 5.0 Beta forum. 
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
Spacenexus
Wow, theres a new feature in 50xx to set the maximum number of child columns in the plex as 2, 4, 6, or 8. I don't recall when this was snuck in but BIG thanks!!!

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
NickMilner
Spacenexus wrote:
Wow, theres a new feature in 50xx to set the maximum number of child columns in the plex as 2, 4, 6, or 8. I don't recall when this was snuck in but BIG thanks!!! Jim

Wasn't this feature available in an earlier version from years ago? Sounds familiar...
Cornan

FYI, jump links to virtual thoughts still not working in 5.0.1.0 (see topic in 5.0.0.9 notes).

tmanuser

Harlan wrote:
Version 5.0.1.0

December 9, 2008

·         Indexing Fixes

o    The document conversion process for indexing under Windows, kvoop.exe, has been limited to spawn a maximum of 4 instances. All instances are removed once PersonalBrain exits.

I can't confirm this.
See my procexp for v.5.0.1.6-

Click image for larger version - Name: kvoop.jpg, Views: 260, Size: 305.86 KB
Steeph
tmanuser wrote:

Harlan wrote:
Version 5.0.1.0

December 9, 2008

·         Indexing Fixes

I can't confirm this.
See my procexp for v.5.0.1.6-

Same with 5.0.1.7.
During an automatic refresh of the Web page index I got loads of kvoop instances, see attached screenshot of the Taskmanager.
See this thread also.
Click image for larger version - Name: kvoop.png, Views: 215, Size: 112.92 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Harlan
We are already looking into the kvoop issue again, thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software