Harlan
This release includes some requested improvements to the creation of tags and several fixes. Also, under Mac OS, search results are presented in a better order to allow finding Address Book and iCal entries faster.

Version 5.0.1.3

December 19, 2008

·         Tags

o    Multiple tags can be created at once using commas or semicolons to separate them.

o    When a new tag is created, it is automatically applied to the active Thought. Even existing tags can be applied to the active Thought by typing their name in the create dialog.

o    Default tags font size increased.

·         Fixes:

o    Drag and drop support from Lotus Notes 8 should extract the correct URL and name.

o    When starting, PersonalBrain will not attempt to load a Brain that is already open.

o    Attempting to open a Brain that is already open shows an appropriate message sooner.

o    Fixed: Under Windows, certain icons such as PDF files, fail to load.

o    Fixed: Thought types show as children under tag Thoughts.

o    Fixed: Thought icons for folder attachments do not show.

o    Added an additional method for recovering notes from a corrupted database on rebuild.

o    Fixed: The loader for Thought icons can get stuck and stop loading icons leaving them in a permanently “loading” state until PersonalBrain is restarted.

o    Fixed: The welcome screen does not correctly identify a if PersonalBrain has been registered.

Version 5.0.1.2

December 16, 2008

·         Fixed: After transferring a Brain with links to external files from one OS to another, the properties tab may not update properly.

·         Removed unnecessary log messages.

·         Under Mac OS, resorted external search results with Address Book entries first, then iCal events, then Mail.

Regards,
-Harlan
NorthFarm
Hi.

I know it's not in the release notes but I had really hoped that I no longer had to fill in the settings dialog every time I start PB. Can we hope to see this in 5.0.1.4 soon?

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
lerone
as a note:

... here the brain wouldn´t load the wallpaper anymore, just giving the default background. does the same after loading a background image anew. after new start-up, again presents the default wallpaper.

... also the osx-problems with attached file-indexing continue here.

cheers

PB 5.0.1.3pro
Java J2SE 5.0
OSX 10.4.11
Harlan
NorthFarm wrote:
Hi.   I know it's not in the release notes but I had really hoped that I no longer had to fill in the settings dialog every time I start PB. Can we hope to see this in 5.0.1.4 soon?  

You shouldn't have to fill in the settings dialog every time you start PB. Once you enter your name and email address once, that should be it.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
lerone wrote:
as a note:

... here the brain wouldn´t load the wallpaper anymore, just giving the default background. does the same after loading a background image anew. after new start-up, again presents the default wallpaper.

... also the osx-problems with attached file-indexing continue here.

cheers

PB 5.0.1.3pro
Java J2SE 5.0
OSX 10.4.11

The wallpaper settings are stored on a per Brain basis. As far as I know, this hasn't changed at all in the 5.x release set and it seems to be working on our test machines.

As for the spotlight issues, we're still looking into those. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce any problems on our Macs. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
lerone
– thanks Harlan.

as to the wallpaper: yes, I was aware of that storing. just wanted to let you guys know that this was the first time a new beta-version wouldnt automatically load the brains internal wallpaper, though it was still right there. in my case it also wouldn´t load it after I selected the wallpaper anew and saved the overall settings.
– it´s strange since all the other betas would automatically load it and also there is no problem with the color settings which 5.0.1.3 does take over from the saved brain...

cheers
NorthFarm
Hi Harlan.

I have entered my name, email address and set alle the settings 5 times today. I'm on a registered Pro version.
----------------------
PaulYoung
Mac OSX -  after installing the new release I have 0kb attachments for ALL
attachments in my brain.  When I click on an attachment it asks me if I want to update the location for the file..

I have a lot of attachments ... be great to have this fixed
Paul

Odeccut
Same here. The new version seems to be looking inside the app package itself for the though folders, rather than in the original brain folder in the ~/Documents. Also, these thought folders inside the app package seem to appear only after doing an 'open thought folder' operation on a thought.
Harlan
The problem with internal attachments under Mac OS X has been fixed in version 5.0.1.4.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
NorthFarm wrote:
Hi Harlan. I have entered my name, email address and set alle the settings 5 times today. I'm on a registered Pro version.

Hans, there must be something going wrong on your machine. Can you please close PB and upload a copy of the output.log file from your PB program folder?
Regards,
-Harlan
NorthFarm
Hi Harlan.

Here it is. I have found the reason myself by looking in the output.log. Ironically now that you support correct sorting of Danish characters they are no longer allowed in the name field in the TheBrain5Preferences.xml file. In any case "ø" is not allowed. I haven't tested the rest of them. If the other Danish characters (æå and ÆØÅ) are a problem I would suspect Norwegian and Swedish characters to be a problem as well.

For now, I have changed my name. (But I would like it back - I'm quite used to it by now)
----------------------
JHS87
I have same problem: I have to fill in the settings dialogue every time and PB doesn´t remember last oppened brain file either.

I´m danish too..

NorthFarm

Just a thought: I cannot activate PersonalBrain by serial number alone. I always have to download the activation file. Could it be that this is also caused by the special characters?

----------------------
JHS87
NorthFarm: Good point. I can only activate it by file too! (i have ø in my name)

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software