Harlan
Various fixes are included in this release.

Version 5.0.1.5

December 23, 2008

·         Fixed: On startup, the welcome screen may display the wrong list of recent Brains.

·         Fixed: Foreign characters in the user name prevent proper saving of settings.

·         If the contents of a BrainZip are extracted into a folder (as is done automatically by Safari on download) and the resulting .brain file is opened, the contents of the folder are rearranged appropriately so that the brain can be opened.

·         Under Mac OS, changed method of launching QuickLook.

·         Fixed: Editing the location of a URL breaks it by pre-pending inappropriate information.

·         Manual checks for updates always return the latest version, including minor updates.

·         Fixed: The last displayed tip is not remembered.

·         Fixed: Lines below user information in settings are editable.

Regards,
-Harlan
Finn

Hello, when I right click on a thought on latest beta, I do not get any quicklook command... is this working only on brains created with 5.0.1.5 version of personalbrain?  I am running windows xp.

PersonalBrain User since 2002
Steeph
Minor thingy in 5.0.1.5, might have been there earlier, but I haven't noticed it so far.

In the Edit menu, the option 'Set Selection Thought Type' is not disabled if there is nothing selected. All the other Selection commands are thought. See attached screenshot. It is disabled in 4.5.2.1 as you would expect, so I guess it's a bug.
Click image for larger version - Name: SetSelection.png, Views: 746, Size: 117.23 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
zenrain
Quicklook is OSX only.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Neredu
I am using PersonalBrain initially to build up our family tree. I tried to use the outline view but it seems to be limited to seven click levels.
It would be neat if I can expand all using outline view.
Anyway to do this with PersonalBrain5 as an enhanced feature?
Time is fast and life is short.
dthompson310
I purchased The Brain, Pro version in July of 2008 and it was my understanding that if you had purchased the program after June the upgrade was free.  I have recently been getting the message that "this option is only available in the Pro version.  Would you like to upgrade?"  I went into the program and tried to enter my registration number but it wouldn't accept it.  It was invalid.
Is this something that would clear up after the program is out of beta?  I thought that the beta would let you try things out without restriction?  Is this a bug?

zenrain
dthompson, you will need a new license code, it's not a bug.

I believe if you purchased after July 1, 2008 you should have received an e-mail with a new license (I may be wrong, I purchased before that date so I didn't qualify).
If you haven't, and there is nothing from them in you spam filters, you should e-mail Sales with your name and date of purchase, and they should be able to help you.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Steeph
zenrain wrote: If you haven't, and there is nothing from them in you spam filters, you should e-mail Sales with your name and date of purchase, and they should be able to help you.

AFAIK these mails have not been sent yet, unless mine got lost in my spam filter as well though, but I haven't heard anything here on the forum about it....
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
jostber
Seems like version 5.0 was released at December 6th 2008:

http://www.thebrain.com/site/home/../about/press/press_67.html

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

dthompson310
I just got an email from Brain Support after questioning about the upgrade and their response was:
"you can go directly to this page and obtain a free upgrade serial number:"

https://www.thebrain.com/purchase/upgrade.htm

This page generates a new serial number for the new version.  If you don't have your new number, check out this page

cook_a
That link doesn't seem to like my details even though I am well inside the purchased period.

Mind you... isn't 5 in BETA still, so it hasn't been released yet..

dthompson310
I sent my purchase details to the Brain Support and they sent me the link I posted above.  Although it is still in beta (which I have been using).  I filled in the blanks and a new registration number was created.  When I plugged it in, the "Pro Trial" disappeared from the top right corner.
If this link doesn't work perhaps try sending support an email to see if there is a special link created for each person.

D

Harlan
Yes, PersonalBrain 5 was officially released yesterday, January 6, 2008.

The upgrade link, https://www.thebrain.com/purchase/upgrade.htm as posted above is the official way to get your new serial number if you purchased after June 1, 2008.

We are running a little behind, but the emails should get send out in the next day or so to qualifying users. In any case, this link is also on the main download page.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
cook_a wrote: That link doesn't seem to like my details even though I am well inside the purchased period. Mind you... isn't 5 in BETA still, so it hasn't been released yet..

You have to enter your name and email exactly as you did when you made the purchase. If you have trouble, call or email us (310-751-5000 or support@thebrain.com) and someone will look up your purchase information for you.
Regards,
-Harlan
cook_a
@Harlan

thanks for the reply, I have emailed support with the info.

It turns out the form only recognises the Core serial I have. I upgraded to Pro shortly afterwards when my need for multiple attachments became more apparent than I thought it was.

Anyway... Happy New year to one and all.. a little late maybe but better late than never..

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software