Harlan

5.0.3.5 fixes a problem closing Brains in 5.0.3.4 and adds a German language translation.

Version 5.0.3.5

May 28, 2009

·         German translation included

·         Fixed: Under some circumstances the currently open Brain will not close

Version 5.0.3.4

May 28, 2009

·         Fixed: If notes are modified just before switching Brains, they may be incorrectly saved

Regards,
-Harlan
mnolte

hm, I guess this might have been a little bit to quick... ;-)

I can not get this release running. I installed it over PB 5.0.2.8 free edition under Vista Enterprise with Java 1.5.0_04. When starting, the splash screen appears, then nothing more happens.

I rebooted, reinstalled - same thing. Then I uninstalled, rebooted, installed again - does not help. I will attach the last log file.

Martin

Mandox
Same here! Running Windows XP SP3 with PB Prof Edition.
Need to fix this ASAP!

ThorstenZ
Hi there,

same thing occured at my installation. PB5035 doesn't start up. Reinstallation of pb5030 doesn't start up.
Have to completly removed PB Installation, reinstalled version PB5030 - starts up, but installation of the indexing libraries installs version PB5035 - which doesn't start up again.
Just running 5030 without indexing but I need PB for work because I'm completly organized with my PB.

Kind regard's,
Thorsten
Mandox
Found the error (at least for the German version):
PB wants to open the files
C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\res\welcome\welcome1_de.htm
and
C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\res\welcome\welcome2_de.htm
which don't exist.
So I just copied the files welcome1.htm to welcome1_de.htm (and welcome2 respectively) Now it works!

ThorstenZ
Just right - done just as described by Mandox and it works!
Thanks!!!

Thorsten.
mbaas
You can also get german versions of these files from here, Harlan must have forgotten to include them as well.
Moe
Thanks for the posts. Our engineers have been notified regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Moe

ybourgui
I have just upgraded to Pro from the free version.
I am trying to install the indexing libraries, but I get an option to reinstall Personal Brain 5, which I canceled as PB5 is already installed.
Could you please let me know how to install the indexing libraries on top of an already installed PB5 free version.

Additionally, when searching for words, which are located within attachments, I do not get any result. Do you know if I need to install anything in order to be able to search for words within attachments.

Thanks.

zenrain
You need to install the indexing libraries for the search functionality.
The install is actually a full install of PB, which also includes  the indexing library. This is only required once (unless the indexing libraries are upgraded also, which doesn't occur very often). You can do subsequent upgrades with the regular version and the libraries will remain intact.

So, in short, do the complete PB install again, with libraries.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
ybourgui
Thanks for the answer.
I have been through the re-installation, but the advanced search function does not find words in attached word document.
I am wondering if the indexing libraries for file attachment have been properly installed. My question is then: how can I know if the indexing libraries for looking in file attachment have been properly installed.

Another additional question: in which file types attachments does the search function work: word, pdf, excel, powerpoint, visio?

Dryopithecus
Quote:
I have been through the re-installation, but the advanced search function does not find words in attached word document.

After installing the indexing libraries, Files > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index;

If you use Vista, you may need to run PB once as administrator. See: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3616037

Quote:
I am wondering if the indexing libraries for file attachment have been properly installed. My question is then: how can I know if the indexing libraries for looking in file attachment have been properly installed.

You could do a simple test to find out: Attach a Word document to the active thought, wait 10 seconds, then if the indexing libraries was installed properly, advanced search should find words in the document.

Quote:
Another additional question: in which file types attachments does the search function work: word, pdf, excel, powerpoint, visio?

About Extended and Advanced Search:
http://groups.google.com/group/personalbrain-users/web/advanced-searching

ybourgui
Thank you very much for the answers.
I run the reindexing, I got a proper message of reindexing (193 nodes).
I created a simple word file containing the word Trial2.
When Searching (advance) for the word Trial2, the search function does not return anything.
What would you suggest next?

Moe
ybourgui, Thank you for the post. Can you check to see if you have PB with indexing libraries installed. To do this, go to Help > About PersonalBrain.
If the indexing libraries are installed then you should be able to find the folder named "filter" in the
"C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\bin" directory. Next, make sure that  you have Options > Preferences > Search (Tab) > Index File Attachments checked before doing a rebuild of the search index. After checking the above, if you still have an issue with indexing. Please do a search in your Brain then directly after close PB then send a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com.

Best regards,
Moe

zenrain
Just to verify, if you are using Show virtual Thoughts for folders (under Preferences > UI), and the file is in a virtual thought (blue folder icon) and not attached to a regular thought, it is not indexed.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software