Harlan
More fixes...

Version 5.5.0.3-b

August 26, 2009

·         BrainZip Improvements

o    Added option to include search index information in BrainZip

o    Non-applicable options are not displayed in BrainZip dialog

·         The tags panel background as color uses the plex background color

o    Known issue: default tag color, selected tag background color, and number color are not correct

·         Mac OS X: Installer does not ask to create an icon on the desktop

·         Windows: Window “float” location is saved even when closed in auto-hide mode

·         Added option to remove missing brains from welcome page

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Link to existing Thought does not work properly

o    Fixed: Expanded view names using some characters do not work and do not give an error message

o    Fixed: Themes are not available in Linux

o    Updated Unix default commands

o    Fixed: Problems with renaming attachments with only case changes

o    Fixed: Deleted thoughts are not removed from the selection box

Regards,
-Harlan
jostber
These are some important fixes, thanks. What are the Unix default commands?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
dgpark6
I found that Versions 5.5.0.3 still has two problems with Korean Windows XP.

1. Calendar item is not saved. The only way to fix it was to change date/time description language from Korean to English through control panel.  But this is not practical for Korean Windows XP, because that change incurrs many problems with other application softwares.

2. Even worse, whenever I try to type in the first letter for the name of the thought, PB just stops. To speak exactly, the input process for thought name freezes...  I have to kill the process through Ctrl-Alt-Delete managing tool.

P.S. I guess the new 5.5 versions are not compatible with "Korean" Windows XP...  Hence I went back to the previous version of PB, Ver 5.0.4.0.
dro

Using 5.5.03-b on Windows, I can no longer rename a thought from the plex. Instead I need to go to Properties & Attachments and rename it there. It also seems sluggish when doing it that way.

mbaas
dro, you mean mousing over the thought and F2 have no effect?

If you open the "Thought"-menu, does the "Rename"-item at the bottom show the correct hotkey?

(It works for me - 5503, WinXP Pro, SP3)

dro
Using 5.5.03-b on Windows, the background for the tags window is all black. Can't read the tags.

This release is very buggy and not very useable.
dro

mbass, that is correct. Right-clicking and selecting rename has no effect. Pressing F2 has no effect.

dro

I am using Windows XP, SP 2

dro
Here's what the tags window looks like:

dro
Another issue: Thoughts no longer refresh when modified. When changing the name through Properties & Attachments, or when adding tags via the menu option (can only do thru the menu since I can't see tags in the tags window) the changes are not visible in the Plex until I select a different thought and then go back to the original thought. This forces a refresh. It does not refresh automatically.
Dryopithecus
Quote: mbass, that is correct. Right-clicking and selecting rename has no effect. Pressing F2 has no effect.
dro, the issue you describe was introduced in 5502 and seems not fixed yet, I have the same issue on Vista.

You can workaround this by enabling "Use Tablet-compatible edit boxes" in the Preferences. See: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3631915

dro
Dryopithecus wrote:
dro, the issue you describe was introduced in 5502 and seems not fixed yet, I have the same issue on Vista.

You can workaround this by enabling "Use Tablet-compatible edit boxes" in the Preferences. See: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3631915

Dryopithecus, thank you! Yes, enabling the tablet setting resolves the issue. I'm sorry I missed the original post.
Moe
dgpark6, Thanks for posting. I have noted both issues for our engineers to look into.

Best regards,
Moe

jostber
dro wrote: Here's what the tags window looks like:

It's the same in Linux, but here the text is a faint grey, so the tag names are possible to read if you have a good sight.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
howardseth
After upgrading to the newer version I notice the plex animation and transitions are moving slower and jagged.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software