Harlan
This release includes non-english spellchecking, lots of fixes, plus improved thought highlighting.

Version 5.5.0.9-b

September 29, 2009

·         Improved Thought highlighting on mouseover

o    Thought names that would extend past the right side of the display if fully displayed on mouseover no longer move to the left. Instead, the text is word wrapped. This prevents icons from moving on mouseover and also enables the display of Thought names that are longer than the width of the entire display.

·         Spell checking dictionaries are now included for

o    English (US and UK), Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian and Iberian), Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish

o    You can alter the spell checking dictionary via Options > Set Dictionary

o    The default dictionary selected is based on your computer’s language settings

·         Minor Changes

o    Added Help > Recommend PersonalBrain command for recommending PersonalBrain to your friends

o    Either the Shift or the Control key can be used to select multiple tags at a time from the tags menu

o    Added keyboard accelerator options for set Thought type and tags

o    Added ability to localize strings for creating thoughts, calendar, colors, accelerators keys and other items

o    Updated German localization

o    Updated libraries for docking framework, notes editor, database, and Windows native functions

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Copy and paste of text into the notes editor removes blank lines

o    Fixed: Copy and paste of text from the notes editor removes some line breaks and replaces them with spaces

o    Fixed: Missing & conflicting mnemonics in View and Thought menus

o    Fixed: Instant search and link to existing thought sometimes does not show parent Thoughts properly for ambiguous Thought names

o    Fixed: Null exceptions related to retrieving events

o    Fixed: Under Mac OS, some UI elements are not sized correctly and/or are missing

o    Fixed: Preferences for show siblings and context sensitive naming are not saved

o    Fixed: Spacing on the right side of type/tag menus

o    Fixed: Button sizes are not large enough for German localization

o    Fixed: Symbols don't show correctly in tags panel

o    Fixed: Ctrl+drag and drop from Outlook with certain characters in message names does not work

o    Method of loading Windows native libraries altered to lessen the chance of inadvertently loading the wrong version

Regards,
-Harlan
Adathome
Harlan wrote:

Version 5.5.0.9-b

September 29, 2009

o    Thought names that would extend past the right side of the display if fully displayed on mouseover no longer move to the left. Instead, the text is word wrapped.

·         Spell checking dictionaries are now included for

o    English (US and UK), Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian and Iberian), Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish

THANKS
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
Steeph
Harlan wrote:
This release includes non-english spellchecking, lots of fixes, plus improved thought highlighting.

Version 5.5.0.9-b

September 29, 2009

·         Minor Changes

Great! The beta is really improving, good work.

Unfortunately, it's a bit useless now since it only displays the Tag/Type window, but it doesn't respond to the keyboard anymore after that. If you press the arrow keys I can see the Green Circle move around the plex while it should move the focus in the list.

Ideally you should be able to:
  • Use the Up/Down arrow keys to scroll the list
  • Left/Right to jump a number of Tags/Types, e.g. 10 or 20 at a time
  • Use Space to select/unselect a Tag/Type without the window being closed
  • Press a character and the list would then jump to the first Tag/Type starting with that character

Thanks.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
rzw7
Polish spell checking dictionary please! There 40.000.000 potential customers in this country.

Thank you in advance.
rzw7
less is more
Dryopithecus
Quote:

o    Thought names that would extend past the right side of the display if fully displayed on mouseover no longer move to the left. Instead, the text is word wrapped

·         Minor Changes

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Copy and paste of text into the notes editor removes blank lines

o    Fixed: Copy and paste of text from the notes editor removes some line breaks and replaces them with spaces

A million thanks!
NorthFarm

Quote:

Spell checking dictionaries are now included for

o            English (US and UK), Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian and Iberian), Italian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish

Thanks

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
danlandrum
Quote:
Ideally you should be able to:
  • Use the Up/Down arrow keys to scroll the list
  • Left/Right to jump a number of Tags/Types, e.g. 10 or 20 at a time
  • Use Space to select/unselect a Tag/Type without the window being closed
  • Press a character and the list would then jump to the first Tag/Type starting with that character

Please implement this suggestion - at minimum the first bullet point.  I was so excited to see the tags in the accelerator . It feels unnatural that the Up/Down arrows don't travel the list.   Thanks so much for continuing to improve PB.  It has become the most important tool in my work flow. I continually recommend it to others. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
FYI for the arrow navigation in the tags and type menus, see Harlan's response here.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dyslucksia
Thanks Harlan for fixing a few more things and adding some new features.

It's good to see word wrapping appear in the Plex for the first time, and certainly better than having icons jumping to the left. It's still not as useful as seeing Thought names fully displayed in any view without truncation and without having to hover over them just to see them in full. I think I'd prefer to be able to drag the whole plex in Normal view to the left to view multiple long Thought names in full, but maybe there's something about the Normal view code that prevents this from becoming feasible. Also, names in Expanded View still seem to be unnecessarily truncated, even when there is infinite space available on each side of the Plex.

Quote:
Either the Shift or the Control key can be used to select multiple tags at a time from the tags menu

I have no idea which tags menu you mean - the Main menu, the Plex menu, the Thought context menu or the Tags pane? Tried all 4 without any success. Would you mind explaining a bit more clearly?

ADDED: Oh I get it now! (only after reading NorthFarm's post). I thought you were talking about CONTIGUOUS tags, just as in Reports...but you weren't. No, what you mean is that behaviour has been changed so that now, a single left-click on a tag (in the Thought context menu tag list) will tag the Thought and close the list, instead of leaving it open as in 5.5.0.8. But Shift-clicking the tag will hold the list open, allowing another tag to be added. Click the last tag is added to close the list. I also agree with NorthFarm that Ctrl-clicking a tag on this list doesn't work, only Shift-click does.

Quote:
Added ability to localize strings for creating thoughts, calendar, colors, accelerators keys and other items

I don't understand what you mean by "localize strings". Would you give us an example please?

Quote:
Fixed: Copy and paste of text from the notes editor removes some line breaks and replaces them with spaces

Not fixed for me - Please see here.

Quote:
Added keyboard accelerator options for set Thought type and tags

In its present form it is unsuitable for follow-through keyboard use, please see here.

Thanks for including a Recommend PersonalBrain command with editable text, that will come in handy.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
mbaas
Quote:

Quote:
Added ability to localize strings for creating thoughts, calendar, colors, accelerators keys and other items

I don't understand what you mean by "localize strings". Would you give us an example please?

Since you are using the english version, this is probably not relevant for you. But the "Create Child-Thought"-dialogue, for example, always had the caption "Create Child", even when using the german version. Now it is possible for us to translate that text into german language.

Darkstar
Localize, in software talk, means to translate from the original to other languages.

The wrapping of long thought names when the mouse is over them is a great addition.
-Darkstar
V2Belleville
hey,

5.5 looks great but since it is a beta version I am a bit nervous using it on my brain for current work.

has anyone experienced serious crashes or is the warning about the possible loss of data mainly juridical precaution ?

has anyone an experience of installing both 5.0 and 5.5 on the same computer (windows XP) ?

thanks in advance for any hint on this matter

V

PB 6.0.7.9 on Windows 7, J-1.6.0_30
jroeterd

I have been using it from the first beta and besides some minor annoyances I have not experienced any crashes or data-loss or so.

Jeroen

mbaas
Hi V2,

5.5 is getting better and better these days, there are still issues, which you can read about in the beta-forum, but none of them is about data-loss, that hasn't been in an issue at all during the 5.5 beta-cycle. Whether or not 5.5 is "good enough" for daily productive use is an individual decision and depends on requirements etc., I'm happily doing so already, no regrets

Running 5.5 in parallel with 5.0 is hardly an issue, you can install into two different folders, the only "challenge" will be that new settings of 5.5 (such as spell-checking status) will be lost if you run 5.0 again. Dyslucksia has postde a tip describing how to handle this.

But, as 5.5 introduces some changes to the data-structure, it is certainly recommendeable to do a BrainZip before the conversion...

Good luck

Michael
V2Belleville
thank you und vielen dank !
PB 6.0.7.9 on Windows 7, J-1.6.0_30

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software