Harlan
The first public release of PersonalBrain 6 beta is now available. Key features include:
  • Use your Brain from multiple computers
  • Sync changes between computers
  • One-step sharing through WebBrain.com
  • Simple online backup of your Brain
  • Revolutionary new transparent mode
Get the details and download it now at: http://www.thebrain.com/beta

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Awesome stuff team!! Congratulations on the new release and looking forward to exploring it!

best

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
labische
up and running no problems - using 4 brains from 5.5
win7      java 1.6.0_18-b07
created brainzip
uploaded to webbrain
good start!!

mbaas
The release notes still refer to 5.5!
Harlan

The release notes link has been corrected. Thanks Michael.

Regards,
-Harlan
farzad
Hi Harlan,

Congrats for this release. I was reading the notes and see a lot of nice features regarding combining PB and WebBrain. Great ideas! The question is: when is WebBrain is going to be an official one and out of its alpha situation? Have I missed any announcement about it?

Cheers,

Farzad

Spacenexus

Minor curiousity - the release notes download link does not appear in IE8 but appears ok in Chrome.

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Moe
Spacenexus, Try enabling compatibility view in IE8. I believe the release notes will show up then. I have notified our webmaster about the issue.

Thanks,
Moe

NorthFarm
Congratulations on the new 6.0 release. A lot of great new functionality in the new release.

There was talk a while back about having thought with templates or predefined fields. Is that still on the road map for 6.0 or will we have to wait for 6.5?

Have already tested webbrain sync and it works great.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
Shiiko

Congratulations on V6! 

JosefBetancourt
What are the privacy and security constraints with using webbrain site to allow PB sync?   Is the data encrypted?  There have been cases where remote storage of data has been compromised by employees of the hosting service.
Harlan
JosefBetancourt wrote:
What are the privacy and security constraints with using webbrain site to allow PB sync?   Is the data encrypted?  There have been cases where remote storage of data has been compromised by employees of the hosting service.

Please see the thread here: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4708156
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
NorthFarm wrote:
There was talk a while back about having thought with templates or predefined fields. Is that still on the road map for 6.0 or will we have to wait for 6.5?

We decided not to include this capability yet since it would have delayed the completion of synchronization functionality. It is still planned for a future release.
Regards,
-Harlan
cristianosiri
Hi all,
i'm a new PB user and so i have the chance to upgrade immediately to v.6 pro.

I'm very happy to see the Google Calendar integration: it was absolutely needed to have a great product able to let you manage all your information, time related included.

Hoping to help i put here some issues about the Google Calendar sync which i think could improve more the integration:

1. It seems to me that the sync is not automated: you have to rerun File > Synchronize Calendar with Google Calendar each time. I think would be great to have an autosynch running each X minutes
  2. It seems to me that just the main calendars of Google Calendar is synch: i use different calendar (like Works related, Family related, Sport related...) and i use PB for all my life, but now just the Work calendar in this way is synchronized. It would be great to have a synchronization on all Calendar
  3. It seems to me that as for the reminder the synch is working just from PB to Google Calendar and not viceversa. I would find useful just an option to set that all the events imported from Google Calendar will have the same X minutes before reminder
At the moment this is what i discovered testing the amazing new feature, if i'll find more i'll keep you updated (is this thread the right place?).

Hoping to collect some feedback from you, i thank you for the great product!

Cristiano

Harlan
Thanks for the feedback Cristiano. There's a new thread here for the Calendar sync:

Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software