rwstout
I cannot edit the Thought Type. The only choices I have are New Type and Activate.
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
NorthFarm
From the 6.0.1.2 release notes:

Quote:
Types can be edited by activating them and using the Properties & Attachments tool, just like any other Thought

I think we are meant to activate and then change the properties on the now visible thought type instead. I agree it would be faster if the "Edit type" in the drop down was still present.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
mcaton
Hans,

You are correct.  Deleting is done from here now as well.

Thanks,
Matt
rwstout
Okay,

I need to play with it a little  to get the advantages of this new approach. Up till now I find it quite confusing.
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Cornan
I do not like the removal of "Edit Type" in 6.0 (beta).

Especially in Expanded View, activating a thought type can have serious consequences, exacerbating a known design problem.

Please restore "Edit Type".

Please fix the problem in Expanded View that causes related thoughts to be added simply by activating a thought (or now, a Type).

The removal of "Edit Type" strikes me more as a "gee whiz" kind of change (we can, therefore we should) rather than a well thought out update.

While it's nice to be able to show a thought type in the plex, to me this is a distinct activity from editing the type.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software