rwstout
I cannot edit the Thought Type. The only choices I have are New Type and Activate.
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
NorthFarm
From the 6.0.1.2 release notes:

Quote:

Types can be edited by activating them and using the Properties & Attachments tool, just like any other Thought

I think we are meant to activate and then change the properties on the now visible thought type instead. I agree it would be faster if the "Edit type" in the drop down was still present.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151
mcaton
Hans,

You are correct.  Deleting is done from here now as well.

Thanks,
Matt
rwstout
Okay,

I need to play with it a little  to get the advantages of this new approach. Up till now I find it quite confusing.
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Cornan
I do not like the removal of "Edit Type" in 6.0 (beta).

Especially in Expanded View, activating a thought type can have serious consequences, exacerbating a known design problem.

Please restore "Edit Type".

Please fix the problem in Expanded View that causes related thoughts to be added simply by activating a thought (or now, a Type).

The removal of "Edit Type" strikes me more as a "gee whiz" kind of change (we can, therefore we should) rather than a well thought out update.

While it's nice to be able to show a thought type in the plex, to me this is a distinct activity from editing the type.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software