5. sync machine2
    -- sync done
 6. sync machine1
    -- sync done

AR: attachments still exist on mathine1 and attached to the thought
ER: attachments deleted from machine1

mcaton
Ivan,

Thanks for posting.  I've tried the same scenario, but I'm ending up with the expected Results.  Let's take a closer look.  Are you Windows or Mac?  Have you tried syncing again on machine 1?  What do you see in the web client?

Thank you,
Matt
ihudak

Hello Matt.
1. Windows on both machines. 9.1.7 on both
2. yes, synced on machine 1. Many times. Then had to delete the files manually
3. on web - no , I don't see

But I think I've missed one more substep:
4. delete attachment on machine2 AND add another attachment on machine1 (without syncing in between)

then on machine1 I get 2 attachments, and on machine2 - only one (the second)

I reproduced this defect once again just now.

mcaton
Ivan,

Thanks for the follow up.  I walked through the updated test again.  First, I turned off auto-sync on both machines, so that I can be in control of when each Brain is syncing.

TheBrain looks at the exact time of the most recent edit for each individual attachment in order to decide what needs to be synced and what edit will overwrite other content. In this scenario, I didn't edit Attachment number 1 on Computer number 1, but it was deleted from computer number 2... so the next time computer 2 was synced, followed by a sync on computer number 1 (Step 6) that specific attachment number 1 was gone.

I then returned to computer number 2 and synced again (this would be a step 7) and attachment number 2 then showed up.  All proper behavior.  If you return to machine number 2 and sync, is it still showing a different attachment set than machine number 1?

Thank you,
Matt
ihudak
Hello Matt,

I updated to 9.1.8 and the problem has gone.

Thank you!
Ivan.
mcaton
Great to hear!  Thanks for the update, Ivan.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software