BHurd
I have lengthy description of my feature ideas, but here is the short list:

Scroll Zones
Drop Zone

I have noticed that when I have a lot of sibling thoughts to the active thought it requires a scroll bar on the right side of the plex.  That's fine, of course, but I find the size of the scroll bar painful sometimes to do quickly and I am trained to use my mouse scroll wheel.  Could we program a "Zone" between the sibling thoughts and the scroll bar that uses the scroll wheel to move the bar rather than expand/contract the size of the thoughts?

For those of us with mice whose scroll wheel also does the side to side thing we could make the past thought list active with it in a small zone above it (or on it I suppose) as well as those cases of a lot of child thoughts that require the bottom scroll bars (though that doesn't happen so much with the new readjustments in the plex).

Another feature that I know we have discussed before (though I couldn't find the thread) is some way to drag a file or whatever into the plex and then go find the thought we want to attach it to.  The most popular solution and the one I am using is to have a pinned thought linked to a desktop folder to drop your files into and then move them around in pb later.  Perhaps we could create a "Drop Zone" in one corner of the plex that when a file is dropped there it would create an unlinked thought that would stay there in the zone as you move around the plex to find the thought that you want to attach it to.  Then you simply drag the gate you want and the thought moves out of the zone and into the plex.  This zone could still be used to display thoughts depending on the space available but any unlinked thought there would remain until linked.  Perhaps this zone could be directly linked to a folder in the MY BRAINS directory so that when you are working on an outside file (one not started by creating a thought) and you go to save it you can do a save as to the "zone directory in MY BRAINS rather than the linked desktop folder people use now.  When a file is dropped into that directory a an thought would be created in the zone 
twospoons
I STRONGLY agree with the scroll zones suggestion.  That would definately speed up the time it takes for me to navigate through thoughts that have large numbers of children/siblings.  The only question I have though, how would this work when distant thoughts are enabled?

The drop zone sounds like an OK idea, but I don't know if I would use it very much.
Wes
zenrain
A scroll zone would be extremely helpful. Sometimes my thoughts are over the scroll bar and I have to put my mouse in between them. It's a small thing, but this would really help.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
grave
It is very desirable features!
BHurd
thanks for chiming in here with the support guys..

Twospoons, I think with distant thought view enabled it would still work fine since it would be a "zone" you would still be able to have your mouse over some of those distant thoughts that are displayed within the zone and it shouldn't change the scroll behavior.

I am constantly pulling files in from outside the brain that I create  in other apps without going through the brain first (going through the brain is the best way but not always possible).  Anyway, Do you not find yourself having to do that very often? Is that why you wouldn't use the drop zone?

twospoons
Yes, I think the drop zone is a good idea, just not one that I would use very often.  I am usually already navigated to the thought I am working with the attachment.
Wes
Axla
Axla -> BHurd: Good one! I support this one!
twospoons
I've added the scroll zones idea to the uservoice feature suggestion list: http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/70780
Wes
jroeterd
Instead of a scrollzone I would suggest the use of the right mouse button to scroll horizontally en vertically in combination with the location of the mouse pointer.

When the pointer is in child space it is scrolling horizontal and when is sibling space it is scrolling vertically.

Greetings,
Jroeterd
BHurd
Thanks twospoons for putting this on the uservoice side of things for me.....
twospoons
jroeterd wrote:
Instead of a scrollzone I would suggest the use of the right mouse button to scroll horizontally en vertically in combination with the location of the mouse pointer.

When the pointer is in child space it is scrolling horizontal and when is sibling space it is scrolling vertically.

Greetings,
Jroeterd

Right click isn't as intuitive as the mouse scroll wheel.
Wes

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software