PJMiller
It seems to me that it is possible for portions of a network to become disconnected from the main network and thus become less accessible, particularly if one has forgotten the names of the thoughts within the disconnected section.

In this case it would be useful to be able to bring up a simple alphabetical list of all thoughts and select a thought from that list.
pthompson
PJMiller,

This is possible, using a Report.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
PJMiller
Sorry, I am new to this program.
pthompson
No problem. Take a look at our 101. We also have a 202 starting today at 11am Pacific which you can sign up for HERE.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
amurray
pthompson wrote: PJMiller,

This is possible, using a Report.

it would be great to output a report to a file or printout - is this possible?
Art Murray
Applied Knowledge Sciences, Inc.
zenrain
The best way right now to do this is to get the report output you need. Then add the report results to selection. There are different ways to do this depending on which version you are using. In V9 click the hamburger menu in the reports window and add report results to selection.
You will then have a list of thoughts on the left side of the plex. 
Right-click the area where those thoughts are selected and choose either Copy as Text Outline, or Copy as Text Outline with Notes. 
You can then pate the results to a word, text or some other editor and format/adjust as necessary.
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.161
amurray
Hi zenrain - we're close
In V9 I followed your instructions up to getting the list of thoughts on the left side of the plex
but when I Right-click the area where those thoughts are selected and choose any of the Copy options, I get the message: "The given key was not present in the dictionary"
any thoughts?  Thanks!
Art Murray
Applied Knowledge Sciences, Inc.
zenrain
I would recreate the error, then email support with the output.log (Help > Open Log Directory) and if possible, a link to an archived copy of your brain. That sounds like a data error, so it would be best to have them look at it to determine the cause.
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.161

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software