mctrexler
Brain Folks,

We're continuing to experiment with whether we can engage interested people to explore Brains through Webbrain, and have just launched 4 different Patreon crowdfunding projects relating to different Brain projects.  

The Climate Web     also available at http://www.theclimateweb.org

Type II Diabetes Brain 

Exchange Student Brain

Resistance Chess Brain   also available at http://www.resistancechess.com  

Each is using different ways of organizing information, and focusing on different types of information, to see what might work. Feedback and support welcome! 

I keep hoping that TheBrain will come to see Webbrain as something to really focus on in opening up whole new audiences of potential users for the desktop software. Right now getting people to use Webbrain is a real uphill battle, but we continue to point out to them that 1. It's a short learning curve to get past the original "OMG" response, and 2. The next version of Webbrain will be improved. Still hoping that's true.

Mark

Windows 10, Brain 8.0.2.1
metta
Thanks for the update, Mark! Looking forward to taking a closer look....
IvanPsy
Nice idea.
I was thinking about something similar for my Cyberbullying project: TheBrain plus a Patreon page.
How are you attracting your maybe patrons on your Patreon page?
metta
Any updates, Mark, on your Patreon projects?
IvanPsy
Hi all I had another look at Mark's Brains on my iPhone 6s Plus (on the browser).
They look good and well organised. My compliments!

The only issue comes from the Webbrain itself: the name of the nodes are truncated, so I see the date and few characters: really unusable.
I have an iPhone 6s Plus, that has a huge screen: I wander how it renders on more common smartphones, with a smaller screen.

I think the Staff should think about the user experience about the Webbrain: it's a tool that may persuade more people to shift to TheBrain...and eventually pay for it...[wink]
metta
I agree: Mark has made a Herculean effort at making his web brains (The Climate Web, in particular) accessible to the public.

I also agree wholeheartedly that the web brain has the potential for being our very best vehicle for introducing TheBrain to others, and I am hopeful more of this potential can be realized in the work that will done in TB9 web brain in the months ahead.

In the meantime, for those who are interested, here are several closely related discussions to the good points IvanPsy has raised.:

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software