zenrain
Using OSX I received aborts when I try and use the advanced tools layout feature.

To recreate, I moved the notes Tab only to the right side (attached).
I then choose the search tab, and drag that to the same place.
Then go to Options > Advanced Tools layout and check.
Then I toggle auto hide on the search screen, so it collapses (as well as notes, in the Windows version, I think it's only search that would collapse and leave notes).
I then mouse over the notes button and then go to the edge to drag it, and it immediately aborts.

I can get it to abort in other scenario's also, that's just the most immediate one.
Log is available if requested.

Thanks!
OSX 10.4.10
PB 1.1.0.0
Java 1.5.0_07
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Thank-you, we'll investigate this.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
This issue was also reported here, where there is an Apple crash log posted....

The issue sounds like it is related to the auto hide feature of the advanced tools layout.

The window layout features are part of a third party package called the JIDE docking framework... Can any who has experienced this bug please try and reproduce it with their test application:

http://www.jidesoft.com/products/1.4/jide_demo.jnlp

I'll give it a try also tomorrow... Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Sorry, that link doesn't seem to want to work from my Mac... Let me know if anyone fares any better.
Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Harlan,

Got back home to my ibook and once again the calendar is crashing in auto/hide mode. Appears to be only an issue with the calendar since the other functions appear to be working in auto/hide.

Steve

ibsteve
JIDE Demo crashed for me when using some of the auto hide panels. Click image for larger version - Name: screenshot_01.png, Views: 131, Size: 27.99 KB
Harlan
ibsteve wrote:
JIDE Demo crashed for me when using some of the auto hide panels.

Steve, that's great. I couldn't get it to run on my MacBook... Can you please describe what actions you took in the demo to make it crash so I can forward it to our contact there? Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

I had it crash several times. The first time I was in their calendar section and there was a panel on the right "Options." I turned on auto hide and then attempted to click in the options. Crash.

I have also tried it in the docking stuff. Hiding panels and then clicking in them when they auto open usually causes a crash. I say usually because in a few instances it works correctly.

Also it appears that the PB calendar crashing problem has not been happening on my computer at the office. Different machine but same operating system and version.

Steve
ibsteve
A little more info.

I tried the JIDE demo on my office computer and there was no crashing. This is an older Mac G4 with dual processors and no ability to burn. Same system (10.4.11). Maybe has to do with the dual processor. Strange.

Steve
Harlan
Thanks Steve, we're working with them to get this resolved ASAP.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
I just ran into a similar problem. I tried using advanced layout. After I switched back to standard tools layout, the calendar does not show any events anymore. Empty grid. The thoughts are still connected to the date, though...
pthompson
andreas,

Does this still occur if you re-launch TheBrain? Have you tried switching to different Calendar views?
andreas
Patrick,
Restarted the computer. Switched views. Not helping, the calendar entries do not show. No problem with new entries, they show up nicely. But I am a bit reluctant to trust the calendar, now...
andreas
Now, after 3 restarts, all is back and working!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software