jackeric
a couple of observations:

1) in non-english languages, the use of accentuated letters in keywords are not recognized has beeing the same letter without accent in search inquiry using synonyms.txt. For example, à or â should be treated has a but now it's different as in "bâtiment" gives different result from "batiment". I've tried to deifne "rules" as:
â=a
è=é; ê; e
î=i
ô=o
û=u

But it doesn't work.

2) The use of of wildcard doesn't seems to work either (*â*=*a*)

Harlan
This is a feature request that has not been done yet. The synonyms list is only designed for word equivalences, not for characters, so this approach will not work unfortunately.
Regards,
-Harlan
jackeric
Ok thanks for the feedback. I hope feedbacks from other users will help build up this nice hidden gem.

2 other questions :

Is brainzip package synonyms.txt also ?

What is Stopwords.txt used for ?
Harlan
No, BrainZips do not contain synonyms.txt - this is a systemwide setting. Stopwords.txt is a list of words that are ignored when doing a search. I don't recommend changing these settings unless you really know what you are doing.
Regards,
-Harlan
jackeric

Harlan wrote:
Stopwords.txt is a list of words that are ignored when doing a search. I don't recommend changing these settings unless you really know what you are doing.

I was thinking of adding the french translation of those words at the end of the actual list. Is there any limitation I should know like the use of accentuated letters ?

Harlan
No - accents should work fine.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Upgrading to a later version seems to overwrite the synonyms.txt file, so you lose any customization you may have done.

This is a bit painful...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jackeric

zenrain wrote:
Upgrading to a later version seems to overwrite the synonyms.txt file, so you lose any customization you may have done.

This is a bit painful...

Ouch ! Fortunately, I always do backup of files I change... I suppose you are working on a solution to protect synonyms.txt and stopwords.txt in RC. Even if it's system wide, I think they should also be included in brainzip.

Thanks for the warning
Harlan
Sorry - the installer should warn you before overwriting your customized files. Changing these options is at this point still and "undocumented feature", so please have patience. We'll see about incorporating these into brains also as a feature request.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software