zenrain
When you access preferences and then close out (click Ok), all menu items are greyed out. 
Clicking in the plex or interacting with TheBrain doesn't re-enable the menu items.

Switching to a different application and then back will re-enable the menu items.
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.169
pthompson
It looks like this is a Yosemite issue. Thank you for reporting. I will share this with our engineers.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
daranged
Just to confirm, this also happens on v8.0.2.1. - as a result I cannot repair one of my brains which appears to have become corrupted.  I also tried setting a shortcut to 'rebuild' the index but that does not respond either.

Please advise?
Thanx
mcaton
Tele,

It turns out that this is a Java issue that is a bit beyond our control.  Specifically, it is an unresolved javax.swing bug since Java 7. https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8040638.

For a quick fix, the menu can be reactivated if window loses and regains focus, or window minimizes/maximizes.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software