fernandopcoelho
I can not find the possibility to define an acelerator combination keys for the so needed Edit->Undo command. Is it a bug?
Underdog
moski, though your hypothesis may indeed be a reason why this hasn't been implemented, it certainly seems feasible to me that an accelerator could not be made to sequentially undo the actions in the undo list, as is common in a multitude of other (also java-based) programs. Could you please update the "i don't think it's possible" on this or on implementing it!

If this really isn't possible, then that is nothing short of embarrassing.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Underdog
Yes, moski, thank you for the correction - I have blacked out "not" in my comment.

You certainly do seem to have recognized a probable reason an accelerator has not been implemented for such options.
Quote:
they obviously don't see it as a matter of great priority
when we already have a menu option for this

That makes no sense: we have menu items/options for (nearly) all the accelerators - the accelerators speed up access to the menu items.

I disagree with you on your last point: there is absolutely no risk or slowness involved in using an accelerator to undo the last action one right after the other because of the redo function. Of course then, there would need to be an accelerator for the redo function! I do not see how pressing an accelerator 4 times sequentially would be slower than reaching for the mouse, clicking on the menu and trying to "catch" the fourth action in the list. Moreover, by sequentially undoing actions, one can immediately see the results. It would be more "risky" to use the menu to select the fourth action in the list - who knows what those other three were that you might like to save! And besides, when I work with PB I do not count my actions as I go along, but that might just be me.

As you know, hot-key undoing/redoing has become a standard feature of a plethora of programs across the spectrum of applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, e-mailing, even operating systems and programming themselves!), Let us not make excuses for the programmers to not implement this feature. It should be done and I will make a post in the Feature Requests, if it isn't there already.
Thanks for the feedback!

- Michael

Underdog
!!! Please vote to implement this in PB 6 here in UserVoice !!!
-------
PB 6024

- Michael

rhodes
I don't see this as a bug, more as part of PB's design philosophy. Here and elsewhere in PB, wherever there is a menu option leading to multiple choices, no accelerator has been provided for this menu option because the user choice has not yet been made. I agree with Underdog that it's high time we had an "Undo last action" accelerator (I've even seen a macro written for this, so it can't be that difficult to implement), but this would need to be provided as an accelerator quite separate from the menu choice option.

I would also like to see the Undo list display more information about each item rather than just "delete link" or "update name" as it's all to easy to delete the wrong one, particularly if there are five consecutive items in the list, all with the same title.
Alan Rhodes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software