mazzorca
My request is about an addition of a check box that can be marked in the tough for better task management.
Also for the extra mile, if this can be in sync with the check box from the linked task in outlook.
And another one
Is There someway to create a task in outlook from a tough?
I use a beta software called Fingertips that adds task, appointments and contacts directly from a keystroke, take a look is great. That functionality to create an outlook item could be grat for personalbrain.
maybe you can copy and paste the title of the tough and add the linktype as a category. without sync.
Harlan
We are considering further Outlook integration for future versions. For now, you may want to check out the calendar events, which can be checked off like a to do list (although each event must be associated with date).
Regards,
-Harlan
yuryg
Harlan,

I have been trying to implement the TO-DO list using the Getting Things Done methodology and while it works great for the regular lists, the outlook functionality (or more important the sync to PDA) functionality is what the integration to Outlook would really help. 

To really fix the problem with the To-Do that I am having the suggestion is if a to-do is linked in Outlook when copied over is there a way to take the note field from the to-do outlook and populate the note field in TheBrain?

This would solve the portability issue of the product.  Meaning that if I take it to the Mac or Unix I am not crippled because the information is not there.  It is still in the notes field.

Harlan
Right, this is the kind of thing that we are considering, but we won't be working on this for until after the final launch of 4.0.
Regards,
-Harlan
mazzorca
Thank you Harlan, you are very responsive. ls good to see the personalbrain evolve at this pace.
Forget the outlook sync until version 4.5 (maybe 4.4) hehe.
But the checkbox in the icon of the tough is possible?

Maybe with the future filters by type can be a workaround. making two types. complete and incomplete.
Thank you for a great concept and software. I been around since 1.7. Now is near the functionality I need.

SmartDust
Why not having thoughts like "project XYZ, work in progress" and "project XYZ, complete" and link your project activity thoughts to this? project activity links as well to project "XYZ, Work Breakdown Structure". You can easily recycle recurring activities to other projects. Templates?

I have similar mixed feelings of the current calendar functionality in the brain. I think one should be able add "date" type thought entries (date type thought?) and link against these. The only thing missing is something that checks the date type thoughts against the current system date/time? (just freewheeling here). Could we print out a calendar formatted sheet/report with these (filtered) date thougths?

Personally, I am for the open "thought" concept and I like the genius/simplicity/flexibility of it. I am wary of specific functions that will divert the brain from this elegance and push it at becoming a "jack of all trades and master of none". I admire the current Zen like minimalism and yet at the same time the power this brings.

Siegfried

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software