Kriggel23
I've defined some links with label "tested in".

When I now enter "tested in" into the search field, only (!?) these links are listed, especially no thoughts at all!

BUT: if if now choose "Add Search Results to Selection" (via contextual menu on search list), not those links are added to selection list, but some 82 thoughts ...?

I suppose, that the search list does not contain all items found, because it seems, that in my example "tested in" can be found within the notes of thoughts, listed within the selection list. On the other hand, it would be nice to see links as items on the selection list as well...

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

In order to see all Thoughts connected via a specific Link Type, you'll need to run a Report.  With your Report area open, leave the By Types/Tags option set and in the Types drop down menu, you'll see that you can select either Thought Types or Link Types.  Check the desired link type(s) and all thought with a link connection of this type will be displayed.

I'm unable to replicate any issue with 'Add Search Results to Selection" adding more results than thoughts being displayed in the search. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot?

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
When a search result is a link, add result to selection adds the two thoughts that the link connected to the selection. That is why you are seeing what you are seeing. 
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
FYI - we've recently notice this behavior (adding link label search results to selection) in not performing properly in v10. I've documented for further review.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software