Hbrooks2

I have issue on two different Macs. TheBrain 8.0.2.0 and Yosemite 10.5.5.
Suggestions?
pthompson
Please make sure that you have approved TheBrain for access to these apps when prompted and be sure that TheBrain is listed under System Preferences > Privacy. If you are still having trouble, please email support@thebrain.com with as much information as possible so we can look into this further.
Hbrooks2
I ran scripts to manually unregister Brain as you suggested, and gave permission as each prompt came up during TheBrain search for Reminders, Calendar and once in a while Contacts. I now get prompted several times during a search to allow access to search Calendar, Reminders, and Contacts.   Same search does not find same results,  some emails show up the first time looking for a name, but the name is not found in contacts where it is and then next time not find anything.   The same is going on with searching inside say a Word document whether the document is inside The Brain and or file is shortcut linked to theBrain.  I also tried Utility Index.  I did uninstall and reinstall TheBrain.  I was on Yosemite and have now upgraded to El Capitan. Similar results.  I have tried manually resetting Privacy setting in System Preferences.

This is version 8.0.2.0 TheBrain and tested on two different MacBook Air laptop and a Mac Mini.

Not sure what next steps would be.

pthompson
Yes, it appears this is an El Capitan only issue and has been reported as a bug. Our engineers will work on a fix as quickly as possible.
Hbrooks2
Actually I downgraded to TheBrain version 7 for Mac and advanced search works again to find information in Word & pdf documents & mail....

So this looks like a search & indexing issue in last version 8 and 8.0.2.1.  When I open a brain with v7, it detects and give info window saying index is not complete. Click OK to index and I can search for attachment content... again.

Any news on fixes to be able to file, contacts, calendar & mail index search?

Hbrooks2
I went back trying a couple of old V8 releases using El Capitan and found  Version 8.0.1.6 Apr 24,2015 will index attachments and also advance search calendar, contacts & mail.  I may have missed a few downloads after that but thought thus might help  debugging this issue.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software