bot__bot

Here's a screenshot to illustrate and explain the issue (the explanations in words are in the screenshot)

Thank you in advance.

2018-07-11_23-08-36___TheBrain.png
mcaton
Bot,

Thanks for posting. I was unaware of this and will document for review.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
If I understand the issue bot_bot is reporting, it sounds closely related to (if not identical to) the special characters issue I reported in September of last year.

Scroll down to see the screenshot.

Matt, you later reported these special characters problems were documented separately from the related (but different) issue with Chinese characters.
mcaton
Yes, very similar.  I've added to the same ticket the specifics on emojis starting at U+1F00x... Which was not mentioned previously.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Thanks, Matt. Appreciate your help with this follow-up.
bot__bot
just a follow-up, there was an update the morning after I posted this, and I saw it in the list of fixes. I just verfied it's been fixed!

That was quick! Thanks!

2018-07-14_14-16-32.png 
metta
bot_bot,

To which update are you referring?

I currently have TB 9.1.8 installed, and the special characters I've tested are still not working.
bot__bot
Hi metta,

I was indeed referring to 9.1.8, but I only tested the emojis. I just tested the Wingding issue you pointed out in that thread, and the problem still seems to exist. 

The only way to produce e.g. the Wingding smile face I was able to find was to change the notes editor font to Wingding:

2018-07-15_21-48-01___TheBrain.png 
However, this isn't really a solution to your problem as it would mess up the display of a lot of other letters. I imaigne if TB starts supporting setting fonts for *portions* of Notes, then it would be possible to have a proper solution to the problem, since you can simply select that bit of text and change the font to Wingding.

Best,

metta
Thank you very much, bot_bot, for your follow-up and clarification -- and for your good detective work on the issue I've been having with the WingDing fonts not displaying properly.

You've definitely confirmed the fundamental issue here, and I am very much looking forward to (eventually) having more font formatting controls in TB9 notes.

Thanks again for taking time to further test this issue, and provide your helpful screenshot! Ã°Å¸â„¢â€š
bot__bot
You're welcome metta.

I forgot to mention, but by editing the HTML of "notes.html" directly, it's possible to make parts of notes display with a specific font. 

If you open notes.html in notepad, and wrap the text you want to style in wingdings (or any other special font) with the html tags "<span style='font-family:wingdings'>" and "</span>, so that it looks something like this:

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>this is random text</p>
<p><span style="font-family: wingdings;">this is text that i'd like to display in wingdings</span></p>
<p>random text again</p>

Save the file in notepad and navigate back to the notes window, and it should look like this

[RDkPFg0]

I was initially afraid that TB9 will simply discard the HTML markup tags you insert in this way as soon as you make any further edits. But apparently it doesn't. 

Very hackish and cumbersome method, but if you really like to insert some wingdings, it's already possible 🙂
metta
Thanks for the tip, bot_bot!

I had actually tried editing the HTLM version of my notes in a much earlier (older) version of TB9 last year, but the edits I made were lost, so I hadn't attempted to do anything like this in a very long time.

Thanks for letting me know that it might be possible to make this sort of edit, should it ever be needed in the future.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software