parsec
Hi:
There used to be a webrain search back when it was webbrain. It sort of worked but not very well, but the possibility was there.
Way back, there was a comment box beside webbrains so you could converse with the author (and tell them how awesome their brain was).
Now in the Cloud there is no search, you randomly guess which category a certain brain may be filed under and page around hoping to find it. And no means I can find to send kudos to authors for outstanding work (like the Compassionate Seattle Heart Map. Outstanding!) And even when you resort to paging through 'all' brains there is no indication of what category it is in, once you stumble upon it.
It's feeling very awkward, isolated and lonely out here in the cloud.

brian.
(PS. Impressive as Jerry's brain may be...what is it now? Three years as featured brain?)
on the brain since 1.3
zenrain
+1 to all above points.
There are other notable user maps that could be highlighted as well as Jerry's Brain (the one's listed below are just a few examples):

Discovery of WebBrains is extremely difficult, even before search was removed.

What is particularly annoying is once I find a great resource (usually because it's either recently updated or one of the 10 popular/most clicked) I have to bookmark it. I can't save it as a favorite in the site itself, and once it's gone from the front page it's practically impossible to find.

macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.222
pthompson
Search on our Cloud Services was removed until it could be developed further and all of the issues can be worked out. We definitely plan on bringing it back, but have no official date as to when this will be. Thank you for your patience.

zenrain
Thanks for the update Patrick!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.222
Parkerman
"Search on our Cloud Services was removed until it could be developed further and all of the issues can be worked out. We definitely plan on bringing it back, but have no official date as to when this will be. Thank you for your patience."  pthompson  13/6/2012

409 days on and a very key fix to search is awaited.  There are many new webbrains now so can it please be looked at soon as it is near impossible to find anything by topic searches and scrolling through many pages.

Webbrains are a showcase for selling the product so it must surely be worthwhile to prioritise a fix?

Kind regards, Chris
pthompson
Chris,

This is still on the list of issues to fix. We are currently focusing on performance functionality of TheBrain Cloud Services and our iOS devices.
parsec
Well....almost 2 1/2 years now. 

Webbrains...I mean cloud services still have no search, no most popular listings, no most addictive listings and we are still looking at Jerry (sorry Jerry, no offence, awesome brain).

Plus now I think brain activity stats for the last 30 days in your user account listing no longer works.

We're going backwards here folks. 
on the brain since 1.3
pthompson
parsec,

Thank you for posting. The absence of the most popular and most addictive listing is a known issue and has been reported. As far as searching goes, we have some changes to TheBrain Cloud Services coming in the future that will hopefully allow us to bring this feature back.
parsec
3 1/2 years....tic...tock...tic..tock.
on the brain since 1.3
pthompson
parsec,

At this point, we are waiting to reintroduce this with the rebuild of webbrain.com which will release after TheBrain 9. Along with TheBrain 9, webbrain is being completely rebuilt from the ground up to be faster and more reliable like its counterpart.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software