bibleminister
Re BRAIN 9
What happened to the ALWAYS LINK TO EXISTING THOUGHT function, which was in previous brains.

When copying and pasting many thoughts, or importing e.g, a text file,  I need to always link to existing thought of the exact same name. I never want duplicate thoughts, i.e  two or more thoughts to have the same name.

Also, can this feature me made the default option.
This feature is very, very important.

thanks, and blessings.
mcaton
Thanks for posting. This feature still exists in version 9.  However, TheBrain isn't looking at Thought Names, it's looking at Thought GUIDs.  This was true in previous versions as well. To test this, try pasting in the same content - twice!  An "Existing Objects Detected" message should appear.  This feature has actually been greatly enhanced in v9, giving you more options for what gets copied, skipped or replaced.

Thank you,
Matt

bibleminister
Thanks for your response, but it does not work.
Tried it many times. I have been copying and pasting multiple 'thoughts' structured texts in previous versions, (for years) and duplicates are recognized in previous versions, but no such recognition in Brain 9, when I do exactly the same thing.
Without this function/capability Brain9 is no use to me.
Hope you can advise me further.
thanks.
mcaton
BibleMinister,

I've had an "aha moment" with this issue.  Our engineers pointed out that you may be pasting in a text list/outline and I've replicated the issue.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'll document this for further review.

Matt
bibleminister
Yes, it is the pasting of lists or text outline in hierarchical format.
This feature has been consistently in the earlier versions of theBrain.
Does your response confirm that this feature has been left out of Brain9, and if so, will it be restored?
pthompson

bibleminister,

I believe what Matt meant to say is that it's been reported as a bug and is being looked into by our engineers for a fix so this feature will return. Thanks.

Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
bibleminister

Thank you. I understand.

Do you know about when this will be ready?

pthompson
No, we do not have ETAs for each individual bug report. Please keep an eye on our Release Notes to see when it's been resolved and we'll do our best to remember to mention it in this thread as well when it is fixed.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
bibleminister
thank you and blessings. will do.
bibleminister
Greetings
Still waiting for this feature of No Duplicate Thoughts (always link to existing thought).
Any progress?
mcaton
Thanks for checking in.  Sorry, this is still an open issue.  We do hope to have it resolved soon.

Thank you,
Matt
bibleminister
OK, THANKS
Kriggel23
It's still an open issue.
shatcher
Christian,

Thanks for checking up on this issue, and sorry it has not yet been fixed. Unfortunately we still do not have an ETA for this fix, but I went ahead and updated the ticket to reflect that our users are still running into this issue.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software