metta
No matter what I do, TB9 sync keeps stalling out usually in the process of "Getting Remote Changes" -- but it also stalled once after finishing the export.

Closing and reopening TB doesn't help.

Running TB9 (v250) on Windows 7.

StalledSync-1.png 

StalledSync-2.png 
metta

After not working for the past 10 minutes, this sync problem now appears to be resolved. Hopefully it was just a transitory issue.

Will be interested, though, to know if anyone else has run into a stalled sync recently.

CaptainJustice
I frequently have my TB9 (.263 and prior) "hang" at the Finished Export phase. I don't know that it has ever totally stalled there but I sometimes have to exit TB and shut down the computer. Like now, one change on the computer, none have been made from the web, and a full 5+ minutes later the icon is still active and "Finished Export" shows in the sync info box.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 4, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
metta
Thanks so much for your feedback, Cap'n. It helps to know this problem is not limited to my individual installation of TB9. However, I am concerned by that fact that this has been an ongoing issue for you.

I'm also wondering:
> If you have to exit TB and shut down the computer, doesn't that mean the sync DID "totally stall"?

Based on your description, it sounds like a complete stall to me: "one change on the computer, none have been made from the web, and a full 5+ minutes later the icon is still active and "Finished Export" shows in the sync info box"

Unfortunately, this also seems (to me) to be a pretty significant issue for anyone sharing their brain(s) and/or needing to access their brains from different devices.

How are you managing, Cap'n, if this has been an ongoing issue for you?
CaptainJustice
metta wrote:
Thanks so much for your feedback, Cap'n. It helps to know this problem is not limited to my individual installation of TB9. However, I am concerned by that fact that this has been an ongoing issue for you.

I'm also wondering:
> If you have to exit TB and shut down the computer, doesn't that mean the sync DID "totally stall"?

Based on your description, it sounds like a complete stall to me: "one change on the computer, none have been made from the web, and a full 5+ minutes later the icon is still active and "Finished Export" shows in the sync info box"

Unfortunately, this also seems (to me) to be a pretty significant issue for anyone sharing their brain(s) and/or needing to access their brains from different devices.

How are you managing, Cap'n, if this has been an ongoing issue for you?

I would say that this morning I'm in full stall. Been about 20 minutes following the ONE change.
However, the change has already been reflected in the WebBrain version.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 4, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
metta
Thanks for your additional feedback, Cap'n.

In my case, when the stall occurred, NO changes were transmitted to the web client.
ErichA
I just started a new thread about this issue (before I saw this post). I have the exact same problem, just the sync never finishes. Never had this problem before.

I notice, nobody from TheBrain bothered to answer, or make a suggestion, which is disappointing for such an important function. 
zenrain
ErichA wrote:
I just started a new thread about this issue (before I saw this post). I have the exact same problem, just the sync never finishes. Never had this problem before.

I notice, nobody from TheBrain bothered to answer, or make a suggestion, which is disappointing for such an important function. 

See here. I've noticed it had been on and off over the weekend, but left long enough, it will complete. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Edit: It may already be resolved, I just had a sync and it completed within the normal timeframe.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
shatcher
Hi all,

We did notice over the weekend that the sync appeared to be going in and out. It was actually getting backed up, and not outright failing. Early this morning we put a temporary fix in place to prevent the sync from getting backed up. We are working to prevent this from happening again.

Cheers, Sean
zenrain
Good to know, thanks for the update Sean!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software