ludoal
Hi,

Very pleased to find my favorite windoze app ported to my favorite OS.
Do you plan some kind of iCal integration, like with Outlook in the pro version? And also Apple Mail mail attachment possibility? That would be great!
Thanks anyway.
Harlan
Hello, glad you're enjoying it. More integration with Mac apps is planned in the future. We encourage everyone to send in their top requests. (iCal and Apple Mail have already been requested once before...)
Regards,
-Harlan
Quorcork
Here's a wishlist:

- Addressbook
- Mail
- iCal
- Spotlight(!!!!)

Cheers
Silvan
Wyndham
I would like to second the links to ical and mail (also Entourage), but also think iphoto would be handy (maybe it is there already) to link people or events to albums.
piratemacfan
Harlan wrote:
… We encourage everyone to send in their top requests. (iCal and Apple Mail have already been requested once before...)

I suggest PersonalBrain integration with my most useful Macintosh personal management software applications:

iCal
Apple Mail
iGTD
SOHO Notes
Mindjet MindManager

shryn
ludoal wrote:
Hi,

Very pleased to find my favorite windoze app ported to my favorite OS.
Do you plan some kind of iCal integration, like with Outlook in the pro version? And also Apple Mail mail attachment possibility? That would be great!
Thanks anyway.

I am also a long-time PC Brain user who is thrilled to finally be able to have my Brains on my Mac. Any Mail and/or iCal integration would be very much appreciated.
ShelleyHayduk
 Thanks for the suggestions!! Yes this is planned. BUT no official release date yet. Stay tuned though we are just getting started on the Mac.

Now that we've got our release out we plan to continue developing PersonalBrain on Mac very extensively.

Cheers,
Shelley
Shelley
ironsignbob
Likewise.

As a consultant, I was a long time Brain advocate (since version 1.0) and developer, using the SDK - but abandoned it when it looked like the Mac would never be supported (always seemed strange, since The Brain feels like such a Mac-type app).

Anyhow, I am now back, demo-ing, and tentatively evangelizing and recommending the Brain to colleagues, clients and friends again.

I say tentatively, since much of the elegance of the MacOS is the integration of the built-in services, namely:

- Address Book
- iCal
- Mail
- Spotlight
- Speech

...and the best third party applications all integrate with the build-in services, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. The redundant calendar on PB4/Mac concerns me, as do the non-standard keystrokes (the most widely adopted Mac apps are fiercely compliant to the standard shortcuts).

Now, having stated these criticisms, to the PB4/Dev team I say: Hoorah! and Kudos! Milestone accomplished. And nicely done, since a (non-mac-using) friend already asked me (during my Brain demo) if the Brain was a "built-in" Mac application - See what I mean? It just fits. :-)

I hope you keep up the good work, and gradually shift the Mac version to a more integrated mode, and therefore have it become irreplaceable (like my beloved QuickSilver).

Thanks very much, I intend to sell many copies for you (Net Promoter Score*: 9)

Cheers! :-)

PS. Please bear Leopard in mind, too... ;-)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_promoter_score
Quorcork
ironsignbob wrote:
...and the best third party applications all integrate with the build-in services, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. The redundant calendar on PB4/Mac concerns me, as do the non-standard keystrokes (the most widely adopted Mac apps are fiercely compliant to the standard shortcuts). ...

Very very very important points!
Sry, had to second that explicitely...
Cheers
Silvan
Harlan
All noted. Thanks all for helping us with your suggestions and promotion!
Regards,
-Harlan
geoffsaulnier
Since the iLife apps on the Mac are sort of integrated with each other (you can add iTunes track to slideshows in iPhoto, use iPhoto stuff as stills in iMovie, etc, etc), it would be great to be able to link to stuff that is stored in our iLife apps from PB without having to move the media.

iCal and AdressBook integration would be great, too, and I can see Mail.app integration also being useful.

Now, if we could link from PB to our smart folders in the various Mac apps... that would be cool! A dynamically updating PB!
G>
Harlan
Hi Geoff, thanks for the post. iLife apps are on the top of the list for Mac integrations. Now don't start getting ideas about ThoughtSeeker and PB...
Regards,
-Harlan
RipcordEntertainment
All great Ideas to implement.

John Pisciotta
Director of Creative

Ripcord Entertainment
        a creative catalyst company

http://ripcordentertainment.com
john@ripcordentertainment.com
P.O. Box 68394 Nashville TN 37206-8394

ibsteve
Definitely Mail!! Much needed! iCal second...
and howbout that great ESP stuff!!!

Steve
Subby
Hi all :-)

Harlan .... urgent please ... (plea for update)

This is now, for me and probably many other users becoming a major problem.
I live in the brain both as a mind manager, planning/tracking tool, filemanger and everything manager. I capture most digital movements here.

On Windows, Personal Brain Pro integrates with Outlook allowing great efficiency, that's why l purchased pro ....

Problem is l ported from pc to mac back in October and very happy i did.
One main reason l moved to mac was the simplicity yet power of mail & ical integration.  (big benefit when training your team to use it)

Harlan and team, could this (has this) been prioritized as high as it needs to be
to make Personal Brain on an equal standing on a Mac as it is to Windows?

Please Please Please review and post as to when this may be coming about as
my 'Brain Hurts' (pardon the bad joke) not being able to track/link between the personal brain and ical/mail etc.

Thanks for listening Harlan......

Subby... everyday brain user/lover ;-)

Note to other users.
As a temporary work around to this l have been using the time date stamp in brain notes. I copy/paste it into ical/mail notes as a tracking id . when i need to find brain notes super fast this works well (u don't need this as the search works well, but this reduces the amount of data returned in the search) 
hope that helps someone.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software