ruudhein
http://getliner.com

Liner is a web/pdf highlighter, available for several browsers and as an iOS app. An Android app is coming.

1.jpg  Free users get unlimited yellow highlighting. Highlights are stored on the site as snippets. Premium users can organize them in folders; free accounts have the one default folder.

Likewise, premium users can use different colors:

2.jpg 

What makes this software-as-a-service so valuable for me, and the reason I paid for it, is that the highlights are saved as snippets on the the site:

3.jpg

This makes for an instant summary that I can then paste in a corresponding note in TheBrain: weblink to full article, possibly article archived, and the salient points of the article listed in the note.

(sidebar: I've been doing a similar kind of thing using InstaPaper's highlighter, then merging the highlights in Evernote but this works much smoother)

Of course with the highlights visible I could also save the article to PDF, with the highlights visible.

The site's snippet summary has social sharing options. These lead to a URL containing a copy of the article with the highlights. Example:  http://getliner.com/pRRhI/

Finally you can export the highlights to several tools and formats (but I just copy & paste into thebrain):

4.jpg 

Liner can connect to Pocket and InstaPaper and grab your articles from there so you can start highlighting them right away.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.263.0
zenrain
😍
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
Compare with Scrible's similar, but slightly different feature set:
ruudhein
Nice one. They don't seem to have apps though? I like having Liner on my iPad and I love the connection it can make with instapaper.

I try to send everything potentially interesting to read to InstaPaper:

• prevents procrastination during the day
  • has full text search (free)
  • can export a list of all your URLs

I then often read articles on my iPad and can switch to the app right away to highlight. 

Adding Scrible to my brain none the less 😉 Thanks for sharing!
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.263.0
metta
Don't know about apps for Scrible. Haven't look into this option.
Glad you've set-up a good working system.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software