metta
Just wondering if directional (1-way) links are currently working in the local version of TB9?

I've set the directional settings on multiple links, and only once did they appear to function properly. At this point, all the 1-way links display with the appropriate directional arrow, but they still function as ordinary links (i.e., neither thought disappears in either direction).

Running TB9 (v239) on Windows Desktop
ruudhein
My one-way links worked in 237 and in 239. Matt's explanation on how to test may be useful.

In that thread too you can read about a bug that seems to involve how link settings on the per-link setting seem to permanently override link type defaults: maybe you're looking at a similar situation. The workaround, for now, seems to be to unlink, relink, apply the link type.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.1.8.0
metta
Thank you, Rudd, for your very prompt feedback.

In my use case, I have not been using link types. I've simply been trying to set simple, untyped links to function as 1-way directional links:
  • displaying the child from the parent view and
  • hiding the parent from the child view.

So far, I've seen this setting work only once, and only on a fleeting basis at that.

Right now, all my directional (1-way) links (including the one that previously worked, albeit briefly) now function as standard, untyped links with no directionality at all.

To clarify still further: 
  • The arrow displays on the directional link, as it should, but the parent thought is never hidden.
  • Also, deleting and replacing the non-functional 1-way link doesn't work. I can't seem to get any old or new directional links to hide the parent thought.
ruudhein
And that's no matter how you navigate to them, right? As some navigational actions will show the parent.
metta
Not sure what you mean, Ruud.

What different types of "navigational actions" are there?
metta
= Update =

Just now found this explanation from Matt that may address my question:
If you have just navigated from the Parent where the one way link occurs and is supposed to be displayed, you'll still see the parent when you click on the child thought.  However, if you click on the child thought from a search result... or find it in the past thought list, the Parent will not be displayed. This is by design

Will finish reviewing your related discussion thread on one-way link types, and then do more testing with my own untyped 1-way links.

(Apologies for somehow missing the gist of what Matt was explaining when you shared his link previously.)
ruudhein
In my case it at least helped me find where things were really wrong vs where they're acting as expected.

Keep us up to date
metta
With further review, in light of your and Matt's feedback, it looks like my 1-way links are working as designed, after all.
[smile]

Will be looking forward now to the fix for using 1-way (directional) link types.

Thanks again, Ruud, for your help with getting both questions sorted.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software