Kriggel23
I added a weblink as attachment to a thought.
But: this weblink to a Youtube query, or a video does not work if the link contains an umlaut, e.g. "ü".

Sample:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Frank+Jüstel

Kriggel23
ruudhein
Can't reproduce. Tried naming the thought with an umlaut as well but then also. Opens in TB browser and local browser.

1.jpg 
Do you have a recently created test brain where you can reproduce this or is it limited to one specific brain?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.248.0
Kriggel23
Just tried again, from scratch: new brain, only one thought, with the link mentioned above linked. Open? nada. The difference I see: in my test, the umlaut is displayed, on your screenshot, I see "%C3%BC" instead ...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-05 um 20.25.32.png 
btw: I'm using macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.3, with Safari...

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

I see that you are viewing your attachments as a list.  My YouTube page loads up fine (and automatically) if the attachments are being viewed as tabs.  When it's being viewed as a list, I get the same results as you (I think) but then when I click on the attachment, in the listed content area, I'm able to see the content in a new tab that is created.  This is proper behavior. What happens for when you click on the web link in the content area?

Thank you,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

neither "Attachments as Tabs" nor "Attachments as a List" do change anything - in any case, the attached web link is NOT opened within Safari (the external browser). The animation (expanding circles) shows, that the "Open" function has been triggered, but nothing ever happens. I've tried all functions to open the - single - attached web link: double click on thought, thought context menu, "Open Attachment", double click on attachment, attachment context menu, "Open", single attachment menu, "Open", attachment "Open" icon.

What DOES change something is setting the preference "Embedded browser for web links". By default, it's deselected for me - I do not use the embedded browser at all. When set, the link works, want to say, the link is opened, but just and only within the embedded browser...

Kind regards,
Christian
mcaton
Christian,

Thank you for the additional clarity.  You're wanting it to open in your default system browser.  Other URLs without an umlaut are opening fine?  I'll see if I can replicate using a default Safari machine.  

Thank you,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software