Kriggel23
First of all: well done!

I see, that TB has not only be re-written, but you tried some careful improvements.
Now, we can Cmd-Click on linked thoughts to add and also remove them from selection. The instant search list shows thoughts, tags, types and attachments, and they can be differentiated easily. The response time with only a handful of thoughts is ok, I will test it with my big brains asap.
The tab-style with the option to display the same brain multiple times, or multiple brains in parallel, well, I really like it, that's great!

Attachments:
Well, I'm not really happy with this part of the new interface. Whereas I understand the idea behind the TB9 attachments list (bottom bar, first the active thought's name, than "Notes", than the attachments, one below the other, to enable content preview), I would like to see the TB8-style attachments list at least as an option.

Personally, I use the thought icon as kind of preview, so there's for me no need for any other kind of preview, neither for file nor web pages.
My attachments' names are sometime quite long, and based on this, together with file creation / modification date, and file size I decide which attachment to choose. So, a TB8-style attachments list is better to me: I do not want to select each single attachment in order to decide which one to choose. [btw: the attachment name may differ from the name of the attached file?!, and: the attachments "list" can not be scrolled, neither in vertical nor in horizontal layout of TB...]

Kriggel23

Harlan
Thanks for the feedback.

FYI, a more traditional TB8 style attachments list can be enabled by going to Preferences > UI and checking "Show details when selecting attachments to open" and then clicking on the thought icon in the plex. If you don't use the previews, I think this will do what you are looking for.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Quote:

FYI, a more traditional TB8 style attachments list can be enabled by going to Preferences > UI and checking "Show details when selecting attachments to open" and then clicking on the thought icon in the plex. If you don't use the previews, I think this will do what you are looking for.

Oh, that's very useful. I tested doing the exact same thing when I saw this thread and was thinking about ways to show that information, but it didn't have the sizes and dates. This is perfect!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software