Kriggel23
The attachments are rearranged without further notice. By this, the wrong or no attachment is selected.

Attachments are listed as a list.

What I did:
  • Created a new thought.
  • Added first attachment, "A.pdf", via drag&drop from Finder to TB9
  • Added second attachment, "B.pdf", same way.
  • --> "A.pdf" is selected
  • --> sort order: A, B
  • Added third attachment, "C.pdf".
  • --> "B.pdf" is selected?!
  • --> sort order: B, C, A ?!?!!
  • Clicked once on "A.pdf", in order to select it
  • --> "C.pdf" is selected?!
  • --> sort order: C, A, B ?!?!!
  • Clicked once on "A.pdf"
  • --> no attachment is selected
  • --> sort order: A, B, C
  • Clicked once on "A.pdf"
  • --> "A.pdf" is selected, finally!

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

Thank you for pointing this out.  Replicated and documented.

Matt
bmac
Has there been any action on sorting of attachments in TB9. It isn't apparent on how to get TB9 to properly sort the attachments alphabetically.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
mcaton
Bill,

You can now click and drag an attachment tab to it's desired order/location if there is more than 1 attachment.  Attachments will order themselves by the date that were created or linked into your Brain, but again, you can easily click and drag the tab to re-order.

Thank you,
Matt
bmac
Matt, in version .205 drag and drop to order the attachments does not work.  In trying this, the attachment simply reverts to its original location.

Also, shouldn't there be an option for an alpha sort which I believe was the default in TB8?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
Harlan
Are you dragging the tabs to rearrange the attachments? It should work. You can also use the "attachments as list" option and drag them there.

Automated sorting of attachments is a pending feature request. 
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
I am using attachments as a list and dragging the attachment to order it does not work in version 0.206.
Bill
mcaton
Bill,

You are correct.  Dragging attachments when viewing as a list seems to have recently stopped working.  I'll document this for review. In the mean time, you can switch to Attachments as Tabs and still re-order if necessary.

Thanks,
Matt 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software