CaptainJustice
I may not be using the correct term. If a thought has a Type assigned to it then there is automatically created a Parent that is actually just a link to all of the same Type.
TypeParent.jpg  Thus, I am "Type" = Attorney and the circled thought is automatically created for any thought with a type assigned. How do I turn that off? It is sometimes distracting (and sometimes handy).
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
metta
@CaptainJustice ~ This control is available on an individual type basis.

In the desktop application, right click on the "Attorney" type in your type list. At the very top of the right click menu you will have the option to UNcheck "Visible when Parent of Active Thought". When this option is turned OFF, the thought type will no longer display as a parent thought in the plex.

Please note, however: This same type will be still be visible in the plex in the web client until TB team reconciles this discrepancy between the displays in the desktop app and the web client.
CaptainJustice
metta wrote:
@CaptainJustice ~ This control is available on an individual type basis.

In the desktop application, right click on the "Attorney" type in your type list. At the very top of the right click menu you will have the option to UNcheck "Visible when Parent of Active Thought". When this option is turned OFF, the thought type will no longer display as a parent thought in the plex.

Please note, however: This same type will be still be visible in the plex in the web client until TB team reconciles this discrepancy between the displays in the desktop app and the web client.

Thanks Meta. I hunted high and low for that.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
metta
You're welcome, Cap'n. This is a relative recent and welcome enhancement.

Just waiting now for these visibility settings to be reflected in the web client for shared and public brains....

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software