plegoux
Hi,

I have another problem with the notes field. The automatic backup mechanism (or something like that) is not transparent: when you type something and this mechanism occurs, everything you type between its beginning and its end is lost.

You can see the text you type while the backup takes place but at the end of the backup, portion of the text entered since the beginning of the backup disappears.

Patrice
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3
plegoux
Add-on.

I encounter the same problem by typing the label of a link. The text disappears partially when typing it.

Patrice

Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:

PC 2:
jbennett
Patrice, 

We have been unable to recreate this from our computers.  Is this behavior consistent?  If so, can you provide us with a detailed account of the steps you are taking to recreate it.  In addition, would you be interested in setting up a web meeting where you can demonstrate this behavior.  If you would like to send an email to support@thebrain.com, we'd be happy to set this up.

-James
plegoux
Yes, it's very consistent. I get the same problem from one session to an other.
No particulary steps. I'm triyng to type something in a note field and, imagine, I'm typing this sentence, my cursor go nowhere and the last letters/words disapears :

what I type : Yes, it's very consistent
what I have when typing : Yes, it's very consistent
A couple of µseconds after backup (? something) begins : cursor is nowhere, sentence is : "Yes, it's very consis" (real example).

I suppose (I imagine some process like this) :
- "backup" or file write of my note begin when typing the letter T
- a refresh of the field occurs at the end of the write/backup and naturally the end of my sentence have disapeared

Ok for the web meeting with the support. I'll send them an email this afternoon. If they want, I could show them the entry of a note and a link label.

Patrice

Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:

PC 2:
HanBav
see also:
http://forums.thebrain.com/post/Notes-Editor-losing-focus-5808430?pid=1273191604

I think, this is all the same
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
leolit
Also have the problem with disappearing cursor and letters, very annoying to say the least! (TheBrain ver. 7.0.3.3). Never encountered it before ( I hope you will patch it ASAP, it is really major bug!
HanBav
Any positive answer from development?
It is 'very annoying'!

gpatten
Working with 7.0.3.6 on Mac OSX this morning: instead of disappearing and taking letters with it, the cursor is now jumping back to the beginning of the field in the middle of typing (three times just now in the space of a five-line note). I was seeing this on occasion in 7.0.3.3 alongside the vanishing; in the update it seems to have taken the latter’s place.

TB 7.0.3.6; Mac OSX 10.7.3; Java 1.6.0_31
Harlan
7.0.3.7 (available now) fixes this issue. Thanks for your posts.
Regards,
-Harlan
leolit
Thank you for fast reaction and fixes ) In fact, just after you fixed it, I bought it ) Errors may occure, but the reaction on them is important!
hasi123
yes, the problem with loosing focus is fixed. 
HanBav
The bigger part seems to be fixed.
But sometimes I think the cursor is moving back one letter without deleting anything. Just the order gets wrong. But I am not shure about this observation. Maybe my typing got worse. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software