wordmuse
I have captured about 10 items with Brainbox. I like it. But I now see a problem: I don't see a way to process Brainbox's contents other than one at a time.  To be useful, I need to be able to process some or all of them with a single command.

* I really need to be able to empty the Brainbox.
* I'd like to be able to select 5 items among, say 20, and put them all under a thought as children.

Is this already possible? If not, can it be considered?

Thanks.

~ Bal
danlandrum
As far as I can tell you are correct. It seems like items in a BrainBox list should be selectable like items in a report. That way they could be added to the selection window and acted upon in batch. To TheBrain staff: is further development expected? I'm benefitting from BrainBox as is, but as wordmuse points out, this seems like a basic function that would have practical daily use.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
igoldsmid1
I've just moved 321 items from the brainbox, one by one, to a temporary thought in a brain. It took multiple periods of time, perhaps more than an hour altogether. Worse than watching paint dry. Ouch! 

The problem with the current brainbox list for me, in terms of moving items to various thoughts in any brain, is that there is only the web page title visible. I need to take another look at the web page content and then decide which thought to connect it with - these web links need to be in a brain to do that.

Another idea might be: In the process of adding a web link to the brainbox, have the possibility of adding tags. Then the brainbox items could be grouped by tags. And then if there were the ability to select a group of items in the brainbox and drag out into a brain ... 
Ian Goldsmid
mcaton
Feature request has been documented.

Thank you,
Matt
wordmuse
I would recommend at looking at Evernote's web capture capability. Not so much to duplicate it, but to see what they enable and to decide if there's any of it that makes sense to create for TheBrain. I especially like that I can bring the current content of an article directly into an Evernote note with link back to the original, making it possible to see if things have changed since the time of capture. 

Anyway - just a thought. 🙂

Oh - and... Thanks Matt for documenting the request. 
kbunders
+1 on looking at Evernote's web capture capability
Dell XPS 13 9343 | Windows 10 | TheBrain 10.0.48.0 Pro License 
Laptop screen resolution 3200x1800, scaling 175%
Secondary screen resolution 3840x2160, scaling 125% (set as main display)

iPhone 7 Plus | 256 GB | ios 12.3 | TheBrain 10.0.3.1
PaddyVA
Would be good to be able to sort the BB items in listing in a tab to make it easier to find items for adding to thought in Plex; currently if open BB in a tab and separate from other Brain tabs, can search the items in BB, and thus select ones with term, but after dragging one, the search list returns to the full list, necessitating doing the search (and re-entering the search term) over and over.  Also, even in the full list, after scrolling, when drag one item to Plex, the list again scrolls to the top, instead of remaining where it was, thus requiring to scroll again to find items.  I guess best is to not get behind, and process BB items daily, so list doesn't get too long.  But, it's a great addition to TB as it is, don't misunderstand me!  Improvements as suggested here would be helpful.
PaddyVA

wordmuse wrote:
I would recommend at looking at Evernote's web capture capability. Not so much to duplicate it, but to see what they enable and to decide if there's any of it that makes sense to create for TheBrain. I especially like that I can bring the current content of an article directly into an Evernote note with link back to the original, making it possible to see if things have changed since the time of capture. 

Pocket and InstaPaper also do great job of capturing full content of the articles, and I use them in preference to Evernote for web clipping very often on iOS because they are much faster than EN is on iOS.  I use IFTTT to provide the link to EN at the same time; I use InstaPaper when I also want to send an email to myself with the link; then I can connect back to the full articles in either Pocket or InstaPaper; if I really want the whole article in EN, then I clip to EN instead, but it takes more time on iOS; on Windows, I just clip to EN with web clipper or with EN desktop shortcut if I want the whole article in EN, but otherwise, I still clip to Pocket or InstaPaper. 

What would give us a lot more flexibility is to have TB and BB actions in IFTTT (or similar), which could add to BB when something was clipped to EN, Pocket, InstaPaper et al.  I know this idea has been expressed elsewhere in the Forum by others, and by me.  Would be great too to be able to add tags at the time of clipping; Pocket provides this tagging feature, but whether it would come along when added to BB by IFTTT action would be something else to look at.

BTW, the existing iOS Shortcut to add to BB (provided here in Forum by others) has an option that allows saving to Pocket and adding tags there, then adding the link to the BB.  Shortcuts are a little indirect, but in some cases, they are only way to get to BB clipper (for example in iOS Washington Post app, which does not support the BB share for some reason, but does as part of the Shortcut action).

Pat

mcaton
Thanks for the feedback.  All BrainBox suggestions are welcome as future development and enhancement to BrainBox capabilities are planned.  Screenshots and/or mock ups of what you envision would also be useful.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
+1 for the aforementioned feature requests

Would also appreciate being able to add a searchable label and/or note to links dropped into the Brain Box to help with sorting and processing these BB items.

Ideally this label and/or note would also carry into TheBrain when the BB link is moved from the BB into the plex.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software