cd
Hi forum,

soo... decided to come back after all these years. PB is still one of a kind.

I'm back using PB Pro, mostly for publishing information relevant to students and co-workers.

For now I've avoided creating a large brain containing everything and do project-based brains. However, I'm looking into creating one brain containing information for different user groups.

Is anyone willing to share their workflow?

Right now I'm thinking tag according to user group, filter by tag, copy all and export to a new brain, publish.

Only short-coming I can see is in having to update the webbrains for specific user groups (delete all brain contents in the subset brain, re-paste filtered thoughts from project brain, upload) whenever I make changes to the "super"brain. There may be shortcomings I haven't thought about here.

Thanks!
-- 9.0.250.0 (9.0.250.0) on Mac OS X 10.12.6
   Old enough to remember Natrificial times...
mcaton
CD,

Your process is well thought out. Personally, I would create smaller, topic specific Brains to avoid the difficult updates you have described (which would work by the way) If needed, you can always merge them together later to create the desired "master Brain"  The opposite angle from your approach, but something to consider.

Thanks,
Matt
cd
Hi Matt,

thanks for the insight. They're all topic specific but some include additional educator materials that shouldn't end up in students' maps. And they're all quite small to begin with (largest at about 400 thoughts).

I'll stick with the current process. Building a larger, local master brain is just an option I'm considering for myself atm.

Thanks!
-- 9.0.250.0 (9.0.250.0) on Mac OS X 10.12.6
   Old enough to remember Natrificial times...
mctrexler
CD, we're currently doing exactly this with the Climate Web.   Taking topical slices of the Climate Web to create topical mini-brains.  Then we keep track of changes to the material in the Climate Web, and copy the changed thoughts to the slices (as opposed to forgetting everything and repasting it all).  For small enough mini-brains might be easier to do it your way.  But our mini-brains still have up to 1,000 thoughts. 

Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software