jroeterd
Hello,

I have translated pblang to dutch with version 4.3.1.6 and now I am working with 4.5.0.1. I want to update the translation but how to do that?

Manually add the new rows to the existing pblang_nl file and translate the or the other way around? Is there software to make updating the file easier? POedit or Kbabel come to mind but they only work with .po files. How are the current translators doing this?

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd

mbaas
Hi Jeroen,

I am using a tool called BeyondCompare which makes it very easy to compare the files, as I can say that only srings up to the "=" sign are significant, i.e. (obvious) differences AFTER the '=' will be ignored. Coupled with an option to only hightlight (or even show) not matching lines, updating the lang-files is done very quickly. Translating them is the hard part, obviously. I wish I had time to update my current translation

All the best

Michael

jroeterd
Hello,

I tried BeyondCompare but I did not find it very pleasant to work with. And it is also licensed so I was searching for another tool and I think I found it.

On http://attesoro.org/ you can download a JAVA application with is made to translate the pblang.properties file that come with PersonalBrain.

When you start the JAR file and then open the pblang.properties file you can add as many translations as you want. In my case it is the dutch translation. The default (english) text is presented and the option to translate it.

See http://attesoro.org/translate.html for a screenshot.

All the new and none existing strings in your translation file are presented in blue and when you translate them they will be in green.

It is freeware so it is a very easy way to keep your transalation up to date.

Greetings,
Jroeterd

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software